Get the myAT&T app
RadioFreeRO's profile

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

Monday, September 17th, 2012 10:31 PM

Closed

UVerse!?!?!?!

Because our DVR was broken we called AT&T for a new DVR and AT&T was suppose to send a 802.11n modem/ router a few months back with it when we requested it and paid for it because my area code can get one from AT&T for our Internet and TV bundle. They sent a 802.11g without the power supply, so we called the store for service and the guy gave us a new power supply for it even though we wanted the newer WiFi version 802.11n because it was not his fault which I have to say all of this complaint goes on the phone service itself because almost 2 months later the power supply for that router was sent out even though we don't want that router. Now fast forward to yesterday when our DVR (which has a obsolete version of Windows CE from 2004) restarted itself for the 3rd time sense it was plugged in. Our DVR needs a 802.11n to work right with no interruption because we have HD and 802.11g speed hasn't been used by anyone with a working system since the beginning of 2011. The DVR did not come with the new black standard remote it was suppose to, the router was not the one we asked for, and the system keeps restarting the DVR. We want refunds for the issues You! (AT&T) have caused! We want the 802.11n router we asked for free of charge, We want our the remote our DVR never came with free of charge. AT&T using a obsolete software is 1 thing, not giving us what we asked for is another that was cause by AT&T.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

12 years ago

oufanindallas, I am not gonna take your word about a potential virus.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

12 years ago

@RadioFreeRO wrote:

JefferMC, I already said it's a DSL router but as I pointed out it said it said it's made by PACE (which use to be called 2Wire) just like the UVerse routers you guys keep mentioning and PACE does not make a router with that model (serial) number. In actualality PACE does not make a Wireless N router and the picture is of a obvious older revision of the 3801HGV. In other words as anyone who comes to this forums to do what this forum is for (complaining about service) can tell you that AT&T is full of themselves.

You can't judge a router (or a book) by its cover.  In fact, I've seen stock images used by some companies that have nothing to do with the product that should be shown.  

Actually, I don't really think that the sole purpose of this forum is for "complaining about service."  I think its for people to share experiences and get help.  Some people want help.  Some people do just want to complain. 

And I don't understand your reply to OUfan about a virus?  Your post is the first mention of virus on this thread.  What's that about?

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

12 years ago

JefferMC, oufan was talking about installing software that my Internet Explorer said was a possible virus. Also you just contradicted yourself Jeffer because when people are sharing experiences of AT&T all they are doing is complaining about AT&T so they can get help with what they're complaining about.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

@texasguy37 wrote:

@oufanindallas wrote:

That is NOT a UVerse router.

Actually it a router for AT&T DSL customers not AT&T U-verse customers. It looks a lot like the 3801HGV which is used for U-verse customers.

Didn't say it wasn't an AT&T router, just not a Uverse router. 

I was agreeing with your comment and stating what customers the router is used for.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

12 years ago

Texasguy37, I know you were agreeing with me that it is a AT&T router, but it's obvious you're disagreeing with who it's for. AT&T claims it is only for DSL customers but I am a Uverse customer and I own the one the picture shows and the model number they're listing for it is not even a product of PACE.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Your information is not correct.  Hawaii Telcom using the same Pace 4111N gateway.

http://www.hawaiiantel.com/Residential/Internet/Support/InternetNetworkSupport/tabid/800/Default.aspx

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@RadioFreeRO wrote:

JefferMC, oufan was talking about installing software that my Internet Explorer said was a possible virus. Also you just contradicted yourself Jeffer because when people are sharing experiences of AT&T all they are doing is complaining about AT&T so they can get help with what they're complaining about.

I have not told you to install a virus,  internet explorer thinks everything is a possible virus.  As far as complaining, if you listen to the advice and recommendations that are given in here than 99% of the time an issue gets resolved.  So far you have refused to follow the advice given to you and have tried to argue about a router that is NOT a UVerse router if you have TV.  UVerse tv routers do not have wireless N, period.  It doesn't matter what router you pull up on the AT&T website, those that you have shown us are all for internet only packages.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

Your information is not correct.  Hawaii Telcom using the same Pace 4111N gateway.

http://www.hawaiiantel.com/Residential/Internet/Support/InternetNetworkSupport/tabid/800/Default.aspx

I was just looking at that site 3 or 4 days ago trying to R&D the 4111N. Smiley Surprised

I have seen different specs though, this is from Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pace+-+Home+Portal+802.11n+Router/4845848.p?id=1218548311950&skuId=4845848&st=pace 4111n&cp=1&lp=1

For versatile use. Integrated PACE ADSL modem for use with ADSL 1, ADSL 2, ADSL 2 RE and ADSL 2+ (1 RJ-11). TR-067- and TR-100-compliant.

So the OP may have Uverse Internet with a 4111N, and DTV, who's DVRs might use wireless N for an internet connection for VOD. In my opinion, from what I can tell through research and posts on here, the 4111N should be a better RG than the NVG510.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@Computer-Joe wrote:

So the OP may have Uverse Internet with a 4111N, and DTV, who's DVRs might use wireless N for an internet connection for VOD. In my opinion, from what I can tell through research and posts on here, the 4111N should be a better RG than the NVG510. 

Based on the comment below from the OP, he appears to have U-verse TV service.  He also mentions the black standard remote which is used with U-verse TV, and he mentions Windows CE as the software on the DVR.  Also, nowhere does he contradict my statement that he has U-verse TV and state that he has DirecTV.

Because our DVR was broken we called AT&T for a new DVR. . .

Of course because of the OP's communication style,  a lot of what he states doesn't make much sense.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.