Explore & discover

Helpful Links

UVerse wireless receiver won't pair with WAP

Tutor

UVerse wireless receiver won't pair with WAP

If you move a TV and wireless receiver to a different bedroom that never had TV, does the cable outlet need to be activated?

Message 1 of 9
Professor
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎12-08-2018 5:22 PM

Re: UVerse wireless receiver won't pair with WAP

No. A wireless receiver doesn’t connect to an outlet. Hence the name wireless. Connect your tv and stb, turn both on and let the stb connect. 

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 9
Tutor

I know all I am trying to do is move the TV& wireless receiver to another
bedroom. Keep getting a big RED X when I try to pair.
Message 3 of 9
Employee

There is a range limit with wireless receivers determined by both distance and materials in pathway the signal has to travel.

Wireless receivers are models, 7005, 7105 or 2500.... You are moving on these models? If a different model requires rewire, need a tech dispatch.

Move equipment request is a Dispatch On Demand service call with $149 charge.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 9
Professor

Unplug the dvr and stb. Plug in the dvr. Let it fully reboot. Then plug in the stb. See if if it successful connects. If it doesn’t, call tech support. 

Message 5 of 9
Tutor

Appreciate the feedback. The bedroom I was moving the TV to is even closer to the WAP than before. It's why I am stumped. 

Message 6 of 9
Tutor

The model is a VIP 1200 Motorola...

Message 7 of 9
Employee

The 1200 is not a wireless receiver but a hardwired receiver. Need either an ethernet or coax cable connection. Without a LINK light (connection) will never work.

Need to call and request a tech dispatch for equipment relocation. This will be a $149 charge to your account.

Alternative is to request a wireless receiver for $49 one time charge to swap from.wired to wireless.

If you currently have wireless receiver(s), how many? WAP model number? For 3 or more wireless the WAP needs to be VEN501 or 2500. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 9
Tutor

My receiver is VIP2500 and it is a replacement receiver.  Have followed all the online and onscreen instructions and it will not connect!

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support