For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
geekchick's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 3:35 AM

U-verse outage in NW Harris County since Jun 26th--this is ridiculous!

What is going on and when will it be fixed? Smiley Frustrated

My mother, who hasn't been a u-verse customer for even a month, had her u-verse go out Jun 26th during a storm. This means she has no TV, Internet, or more importantly, no phone, except her cell phone. All we have heard is they had an RT system go down or got fried (whatever that is), but no one--we spoke with the original service tech and called the 800 number--could tell us when it will be working. All they could say is they would let us know when it was back up. 

Also--my mom uses one of those pendant alarms. I thought when ATT asked if there was an alarm system, that meant that part of an alarm system would remain connected to a land line and not dependent on having the WiFi working. But it's not and doesn't work since the system is down. So this is more than matter of inconvenience, this is a health issue. If she falls or has a health problem, she cannot use her pendant to summond help. This is not acceptable. 

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @geekchick,

I am so sorry about the issues your mom is having with her services, but I will be happy to help. We will be sending you a private message to gather more information and look forward to working with you on this issue.

-David T

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hi David T and team,

Thanks for following up to my message and on the phone. Tech came out and switched out the Residential Gateway (router/modem) and a couple of other things. The terminal that was down was apparently fixed at some point, but those needed to be changed out also. Her services are back up! Smiley Happy

Tomorrow the another tech will come switch her phone back to the landline, which will be better suited to her needs.

Again, thanks for your and the other team members' help getting this working again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.