Get the myAT&T app
RemyM's profile

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 10:04 PM

U-verse 2013 Pricing Changes

This was filed today with the state of Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority

Beginning with bills received on January 27, 2013, the monthly price of some U-verse TV packages are increasing.  These price adjustments reflect increased business costs, including costs associated with higher programming fees.  

The monthly price for the following U-verse TV service plans will increase $2: U-family to $59; U200 to $74; U200 Latino to $84; U300 to $89; U300 Latino to $99;  U450 to $121; and U450 Latino to $131. (Grandfathered plans also will increase $2: U100 to $61 or $66, depending on when first ordered; and U400 to $116.).  Beginning on February 1, 2013 there will be a separate Broadcast TV Surcharge of $1.99 per month to recover a portion of the amount local broadcasters charge AT&T to carry their channels.

Those customers who currently have a U-verse TV pricing promotion will continue to receive the promotional benefit until the applicable promotion ends or expires.  Customers are being notified of these changes via bill messaging occurring in November and December.  In addition, customers will be notified of these changes online at www.att.net/uversepricechange.  Customers seeking information about U-verse services may visit www.att.net/uverseonline.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@cutty777 wrote:

The rate increase for  base service on t.v., and also internet  is a classic bait, and switch. I was quoted a  price for service in December for a one year contract. I was also told if I back out of my end of the contract I will be charged $180.00. I agreed to terms. Fair enough. Then a month and a half later find that the rate for the base service is going up $2.00 for tv, and $3.00 for internet. $60.00 per year? In the name of transparency, a rate increase for base service should not be administered mid-contract. My Opinion. Alas, when it is time to renew my contract I will need to "imagine Possible" that pricing may increase.

Ya got me

If you are receiving new customer promotional pricing, the rate increases do not go into effect until the end of the promotional pricing period.  There is no bait and switch.  Are you saying that you have actually received a bill with the increased rates?

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Yep every year in Feburary the rates go up.  You can mark your calender for 2013, 2014, 2015................Smiley Surprised

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

11 years ago

RemyM wrote:  Beginning on February 1, 2013 there will be a separate Broadcast TV Surcharge of $1.99 per month to recover a portion of the amount local broadcasters charge AT&T to carry their channels.

Yay.... more fees..

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@Darknessrise wrote:

RemyM wrote:  Beginning on February 1, 2013 there will be a separate Broadcast TV Surcharge of $1.99 per month to recover a portion of the amount local broadcasters charge AT&T to carry their channels.

Yay.... more fees..

Everyone has fees, it's just how they hide them in the wording.  Still $4 is better than other providers and their quarterly 10% increases.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@RemyM wrote:

This was filed today with the state of Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority

Beginning with bills received on January 27, 2013, the monthly price of some U-verse TV packages are increasing.  These price adjustments reflect increased business costs, including costs associated with higher programming fees.  

The monthly price for the following U-verse TV service plans will increase $2: U-family to $59; U200 to $74; U200 Latino to $84; U300 to $89; U300 Latino to $99;  U450 to $121; and U450 Latino to $131. (Grandfathered plans also will increase $2: U100 to $61 or $66, depending on when first ordered; and U400 to $116.).  Beginning on February 1, 2013 there will be a separate Broadcast TV Surcharge of $1.99 per month to recover a portion of the amount local broadcasters charge AT&T to carry their channels.

Those customers who currently have a U-verse TV pricing promotion will continue to receive the promotional benefit until the applicable promotion ends or expires.  Customers are being notified of these changes via bill messaging occurring in November and December.  In addition, customers will be notified of these changes online at www.att.net/uversepricechange.  Customers seeking information about U-verse services may visit www.att.net/uverseonline.

More fees that AT&T collects, keeps and then decides what they want to do with........  Yeah, I understand that AT&T isn't alone in that regard but I dropped a T-Mobile line because of a $3.50 fee that they told me "that we collect and retain just to keep with all of the legal stuff...."

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

11 years ago

I just looked at my new bill from ATT and it describes the new rate increases. I was disappointed to see that they are now going to charge $1.99 a month to watch local broadcast channels. It never ends with the way companies can dream up new charges to nickel and dime you to death.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

Unfortunately, it's the same everywhere.  They just (cleverly?) find a way to get more money out of us.  They just don't call it a "rate increase" or a "price increase". 

It's not unlike the banks creating all the charges.  You have to have $7,000 in your account or you have to use your CC xxx times to AVOID the monthly $14.95 service fee.  Smiley Frustrated

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

All Pay to watch providers jack their prices up in February of every year. If you break it down, you are still getting a bargain for the packages, compared to what DirectV charges after their contract period runs out, or Comcast, etc..

To get less channels through Comcast even with a six month promo price, a DVR, two receivers, it would cost me more than a no promo price with ATT for 450 channels. So yes Gracie there is a Santa Clause.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

The information below was on my latest U-verse bill in the News You Can Use section:

The monthly price of some U-verse products and services will be increasing and may impact the cost of your service. Except as otherwise noted, these pricing changes will begin with the January 27, 2013 billing statements and reflect increased business costs, including costs associated with higher programming fees.

AT&T UVERSE TV
Effective January 27, the monthly price for the following U-verse TV service plans will increase $2: U-family to $59; U200 to $74; U200 Latino to $84; U300 to $89; U300 Latino to $99; U450 to $121; and U450 Latino to $131. (Grandfathered plans also will increase $2: U100 to $61 or $66, depending on when first ordered; and U400 to $116.) Beginning on February 1 there will be a separate Broadcast TV Surcharge of up to $1.99 per month to recover a portion of the amount local broadcasters charge AT&T to carry their channels.

AT&T HIGH SPEED INTERNET MAX
If your monthly price for High-Speed Internet Max is $48, it will increase to $51.

For a complete list of pricing changes taking place, please visit att.net/uversepricechange. If you are on a
current U-verse pricing promotion, the promotional benefit will continue until the applicable promotion ends or expires. For questions regarding any of your U-verse services, visit att.com/uversesupport. Thank you again for being a valued AT&T U-verse member.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

Just FYI, DirectTV and Dish Network have always charged extra to receive local broadcast channels. I believe it used to be $5.00/month, and I think it's gone up.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.