U-verse 2013 Pricing Changes

Mentor

U-verse 2013 Pricing Changes

This was filed today with the state of Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority

Beginning with bills received on January 27, 2013, the monthly price of some U-verse TV packages are increasing.  These price adjustments reflect increased business costs, including costs associated with higher programming fees.  

The monthly price for the following U-verse TV service plans will increase $2: U-family to $59; U200 to $74; U200 Latino to $84; U300 to $89; U300 Latino to $99;  U450 to $121; and U450 Latino to $131. (Grandfathered plans also will increase $2: U100 to $61 or $66, depending on when first ordered; and U400 to $116.).  Beginning on February 1, 2013 there will be a separate Broadcast TV Surcharge of $1.99 per month to recover a portion of the amount local broadcasters charge AT&T to carry their channels.

Those customers who currently have a U-verse TV pricing promotion will continue to receive the promotional benefit until the applicable promotion ends or expires.  Customers are being notified of these changes via bill messaging occurring in November and December.  In addition, customers will be notified of these changes online at www.att.net/uversepricechange.  Customers seeking information about U-verse services may visit www.att.net/uverseonline.

Message 1 of 80 (32,949 Views)
Contributor

Re: U-verse 2013 Pricing Changes

"I pay a whole lot more for my milk, bread, meat, cheese, etc, etc..., than I did last year too. After all the economy is getting a little better and, with the rise in the economy; higher prices are just part of it! Or didn't you learn that in economics in high school?"

One reason you pay more for those things is ethanol mandates have driven up the cost of corn, which is used for feed. Those items also have to be transported to market and rising fuel expenses add to their costs. They have little in common with a service that is delivered digitally over established lines.

btw, in a healthy economy, higher wages precede higher prices.

August 2012:

"While a majority of jobs lost during the downturn were in the middle range of wages, a majority of those added during the recovery have been low paying, according to a new report from the National Employment Law Project."

Message 76 of 80 (1,949 Views)
Tutor

this is a typical bait and switch that all of them do.  some worse than others.  comcast sorta hide it less, it specifically states "rate for x months" then it goes up.  when i switched to ATT the rep gave me the impression that it won't go up, and since there's no contract, just cancel if it does.  all the vendor already factored in less than x% of people will get upset enough to cancel and switch.  yeah... sucks for consumer when we have only a very limited few major players competing for business.

anyone happen to know what's the comparable rate for u200 with 24Mbps?  I am paying for $163.xx before taxes and fees.  i think i m going to cancel tv and get hulu+ or netflix or something along those lines.

Message 77 of 80 (1,686 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

So I've had uverse for years now and suddenly they want to tack on an extra 2 bucks a month for "monthly high speed internet equipment" I already have, have been using for years and am being forced to use in the first place. To top it off the only explanation given in the email is a link to the uverse front page, that's probably the best virtual "eye roll" i've ever been party to. Don't spit in my face and tell me it's raining. I understand "Equipment fee's" and such are a big part of the profit margin but you'd think they'd cut long time customers a break. It'd be another thing if I was actually receiving something for that extra 2 bucks, better wifi signal, service, channels, a pack of tic tac's every month, anything would beat "Hey, we want more money." I feel silly making this post over 2-5 dollars a month but it sucks to feel like a company who you rely on every day is taking you for a ride.

As much as I love my service and have for many years I think it's about time to make the move and let some other corporate monstrosity steal my money and subvert my trust.

Message 78 of 80 (1,651 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]

For tlee111....non bundled ...non promotion regular price
U200................................$74
24M internet....................$66
Total..............................$140
Options
HD....................................$10
(1) add tv at $7 each.......$ 7. Note: add $ 7 for each add tv box.
HSIA equipment fee.........$ 6
Grand total......................$163 + taxes

for those upset over $2 hsia equipment fee, new customers charged $6 for same RG.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 79 of 80 (1,641 Views)
Expert

dajamany wrote:

So I've had uverse for years now and suddenly they want to tack on an extra 2 bucks a month for "monthly high speed internet equipment" I already have, have been using for years and am being forced to use in the first place. To top it off the only explanation given in the email is a link to the uverse front page, that's probably the best virtual "eye roll" i've ever been party to. Don't spit in my face and tell me it's raining. I understand "Equipment fee's" and such are a big part of the profit margin but you'd think they'd cut long time customers a break. It'd be another thing if I was actually receiving something for that extra 2 bucks, better wifi signal, service, channels, a pack of tic tac's every month, anything would beat "Hey, we want more money." I feel silly making this post over 2-5 dollars a month but it sucks to feel like a company who you rely on every day is taking you for a ride.

As much as I love my service and have for many years I think it's about time to make the move and let some other corporate monstrosity steal my money and subvert my trust.

You're kinda late.  The $2 equipment fee went into effect in February as discussed earlier in this thread.  

Good luck with your new provider.  I'm sure they will need raise your rate or add new fees.

Message 80 of 80 (1,630 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support