Get the myAT&T app
RemyM's profile

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 10:04 PM

U-verse 2013 Pricing Changes

This was filed today with the state of Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority

Beginning with bills received on January 27, 2013, the monthly price of some U-verse TV packages are increasing.  These price adjustments reflect increased business costs, including costs associated with higher programming fees.  

The monthly price for the following U-verse TV service plans will increase $2: U-family to $59; U200 to $74; U200 Latino to $84; U300 to $89; U300 Latino to $99;  U450 to $121; and U450 Latino to $131. (Grandfathered plans also will increase $2: U100 to $61 or $66, depending on when first ordered; and U400 to $116.).  Beginning on February 1, 2013 there will be a separate Broadcast TV Surcharge of $1.99 per month to recover a portion of the amount local broadcasters charge AT&T to carry their channels.

Those customers who currently have a U-verse TV pricing promotion will continue to receive the promotional benefit until the applicable promotion ends or expires.  Customers are being notified of these changes via bill messaging occurring in November and December.  In addition, customers will be notified of these changes online at www.att.net/uversepricechange.  Customers seeking information about U-verse services may visit www.att.net/uverseonline.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Yikes.  I dumped Uverse TV after two rate increases the first 14 months I had it.  Now Uverse Internet is costing me almost $8 more per month at $51 (including tax and new fees) for 6Mbps.  I can get RR Standard at 15Mbps for the same price.  Even after the 12 month promo, Roadrunner Standard is still a better deal than Uverse 12Mbps... guess it's time to call Time Warner for an installation appointment.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@Jason_V wrote:

Yikes.  I dumped Uverse TV after two rate increases the first 14 months I had it.  Now Uverse Internet is costing me almost $8 more per month at $51 (including tax and new fees) for 6Mbps.  I can get RR Standard at 15Mbps for the same price.  Even after the 12 month promo, Roadrunner Standard is still a better deal than Uverse 12Mbps... guess it's time to call Time Warner for an installation appointment.

LIke they don't raise their rates?  WHen you find one that doesn't raise their rates let us know.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

I have had U-verse for several years. This month I was surprised to see a new internet equipment charge for the same equipment I have had for several years. This is absurd. When I joined U-verse, I was told there would not be an equipment charge. Now several years later, I get a fee for it. They have still not fixed the bugs with it, nor supported IPv6, yet we have to pay fees for it.

This would not be so hard to swallow had it not been for the fact that AT&T raises the phone and internet services without prior notification. Morevofer, one of the reasons I choose U-verse was for the lack of lease fees. What is more troubling is that AT&T will not release the supported manufacturers and models tfor U-verse equipment, so I cannot avoid this equipment fee.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@99iphone wrote:

I have had U-verse for several years. This month I was surprised to see a new internet equipment charge for the same equipment I have had for several years. This is absurd. When I joined U-verse, I was told there would not be an equipment charge. Now several years later, I get a fee for it. They have still not fixed the bugs with it, nor supported IPv6, yet we have to pay fees for it.

This would not be so hard to swallow had it not been for the fact that AT&T raises the phone and internet services without prior notification. Morevofer, one of the reasons I choose U-verse was for the lack of lease fees. What is more troubling is that AT&T will not release the supported manufacturers and models tfor U-verse equipment, so I cannot avoid this equipment fee.

There was prior notification printed on your previous month's bill.

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

11 years ago

I just received my latest UV bill for my mid-month billing cycle of "Feb 17 thru Mar 16". U450 TV just increased by $2 and Max12 internet increased by $3. I'll be on the phone with billing tomorrow since I entered into a 1-year service agreement mid-Dec and my promotional rates should not have increased according to the latest 2013 price increase schedule.

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

11 years ago

I'm not too happy since I just spoke with a billing rep then asked to be elevated to a supervisor about the $2 increase in TV charges and $3 increase in Max12 internet on my bill. I entered into a 1-year service agreement/promotion rate on Dec 14, 2012 and it isn't supposed to expire until 12/13/13. I was even told when I signed up for the 1-year service agreement with Customer Relations Manager Niki I would be locked into the promotional rate for a year with no increases. But when I just spoke with supervisor Joan in billing she said no customers are exempt from the Feb 1st price increases no matter what type of promotional rate they're in or when it expires.

I even read over and over the below quote from the U-verse price change link when she said it does not mention anything about exemptions from the price increases and I still have my promotional rate.

"If you are on a current U-verse TV, U-verse Voice, and/or U-verse High Speed Internet pricing promotion, the promotional benefit will continue until the applicable promotion ends or expires. For questions regarding any of the U-verse services, visit att.com/uversesupport.".

http://uverseonline.att.net/web_files/NEXTGEN/web_files/uverse-custom/one-offs/uversepricechange/index.html

After reading all the price increase info I could, and posts about no price increases while being in a promotional rate, there was nothing I could do to have these $5 in total increases removed from my monthly bills. I'm disappointed and believe I was mislead about seeing no price increases for a year when signing up for this 1-year service agreement to begin with.

Are others seeing these same price increases in TV/HSI services who are supposedly locked into a promotional rate? If so did you have any luck in having them removed? Thanks ahead of time for any input.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

@Jason_V wrote:

LIke they don't raise their rates?  WHen you find one that doesn't raise their rates let us know.

At least Time Warner was decent enough to give people a bump up in speed with their price increase.  Subscribers to their Roadrunner Standard tier got a bump from 10Mbps to 15Mbps and I believe even their lowest Lite tier got a boost from 1Mbps to 1.5Mbps.  And they allow their customers to buy their own equipment instead of being forced into a lease.  After switching back to Roadrunner I can finally go back to using my own uPNP capable router without having to rely on the flaky unsupported router-behind-router configuration with the uverse gateway box...seriously, ATT couldn't get their customers a uPNP capable router? 

Cable modem is purchased for $63, and without having the bogus lease charge on my bill it will pay for itself in less than 16 months.  For each year I keep Roadrunner after that, the money saved on the lease charge will be like paying for 12 months and getting the 13th month free. 

Along with the rate increase and added lease fee, it would have been cool if ATT bumped up the speeds and allowed us to buy our own gateway device.  Pigs could be flying in a frozen-over underworld, and ATT still wouldn't consider doing that for their Internet subscribers.

Unforunately for me and most others, most urban locations only have one or two fiber or wired broadband Internet providers to choose from.  Until that changes, uptime and service quality being fairly equal across providers in my region, I'll go with whichever provider can give me more for my money instead of taking more money for what they were already giving me.  I guess for me, Time Warner seems to be the lesser of two evils right now. 

Don't worry. I won't let the door hit me in the rear end on the way out.  Bye suckas!

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

"If you are on a current U-verse TV, U-verse Voice, and/or U-verse High Speed Internet pricing promotion, the promotional benefit will continue until the applicable promotion ends or expires."

"...the promotional benefit will continue..." = If you got a $20 discount per month, you'll still get the $20 per month discount off of the new pricing. The ATT fanboys above saying otherwise don't know what they're talking about and are making incorrect assumptions with no validation from anybody that actually knows the policy at ATT, assuming there actually is somebody at ATT that does know the policy. Were you duped, were you ripped off. I'd say yes. If you signed up in January under the assumption your bill would be, for instance, $89/month for 12 months as stated in the advertisements. Then they make a service fee change and now your $89/month for 12 months is $89/month for 1 month and $94/month for 11 months...seems like a bait and switch type scam to me. That's the cost of doing business with ATT.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

In October 2009 I signed up for AT&T U-verse.... U200, internet & phone. I keep everything! On my AT&T U-verse Order Worksheet on the backside it clearly states: "U-verse installation includes a wireless router... also in an AT&T brochure in the in the Frequently Asked Questions, It asks the question: How much will my equipment cost? Can you guess AT&T's answer in their booklet?  It says U-verse includes a Total Home DVR and Wireless Internet Gateway with U450, U300, U200 and U-family packages.I've never been charged a monthly charge for high speed internet equipment (3801-HGV Gateway) ... My March 2013 bill increased by $9.27.  I understand costs going up but I will fight until my death on the $2 / month charge for this equipment I've had since 2009. As many of you have also stated it is not even state of the art.  I went through 3 different people today at AT&T and being elevated to the final support  tier I was total that AT&T will NOT remove the monthly fee of $2 / month (Jane). I just totally can NOt accept this. I will not buy their antiquated gateway.... I am considering my choices now.... Someone needs to do something.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Scholar

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

We signed up December 25, 2012, online, we got U300 + Max Turbo Internet and pay $127 a month, including all taxes and fees, through the end of December 2013.  We are pleased with this rate, we cut our bill by $100 for the same services from "C".

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.