Get the myAT&T app
RemyM's profile

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 10:04 PM

U-verse 2013 Pricing Changes

This was filed today with the state of Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority

Beginning with bills received on January 27, 2013, the monthly price of some U-verse TV packages are increasing.  These price adjustments reflect increased business costs, including costs associated with higher programming fees.  

The monthly price for the following U-verse TV service plans will increase $2: U-family to $59; U200 to $74; U200 Latino to $84; U300 to $89; U300 Latino to $99;  U450 to $121; and U450 Latino to $131. (Grandfathered plans also will increase $2: U100 to $61 or $66, depending on when first ordered; and U400 to $116.).  Beginning on February 1, 2013 there will be a separate Broadcast TV Surcharge of $1.99 per month to recover a portion of the amount local broadcasters charge AT&T to carry their channels.

Those customers who currently have a U-verse TV pricing promotion will continue to receive the promotional benefit until the applicable promotion ends or expires.  Customers are being notified of these changes via bill messaging occurring in November and December.  In addition, customers will be notified of these changes online at www.att.net/uversepricechange.  Customers seeking information about U-verse services may visit www.att.net/uverseonline.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Here is the official AT&T explination: http://att.com/pricechanges

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

After I posted my reply I realized that I answered my own question.

But ATT needs to stepup and allow 5 or 6 shows/tvs to be watched at same time. Several people I have tried to convert from cable would, except for the 4 show recording at once limitation.

The cable and dish providers allow 5 so they stay with what they have even tho thier internet is bad or the price is high.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@Smitty2445 wrote:

After I posted my reply I realized that I answered my own question.

But ATT needs to stepup and allow 5 or 6 shows/tvs to be watched at same time. Several people I have tried to convert from cable would, except for the 4 show recording at once limitation.

The cable and dish providers allow 5 so they stay with what they have even tho thier internet is bad or the price is high.

That's only during primetime and only from the 4 major networks, ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC.

With UVerse it doesn't matter what channels you record from. Also their whole home DVR is a much higher monthly charge.  Direct's Genie is $25/mo for the DVR.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

@imrj8853 wrote:

I have had UVerse internet now for 5+ years and now all of a sudden they are charginng an additional monthlyy charge for equipment usage, which over time will more than pay for the use of equipment, I'm assuming since I have no idea what equipment they are charging a fee for.

i am so glad Google fiber is coming to my area (at least for now) cause all these companies do is gouge you with fees and additional charges.  There's not enough competition in the internet field in most communities.

Do you think that Google will be any different.  I do like that people that sign up for a service, when the prices go up, they scream price gouging.  Keep in mind, that rate increases are announced months in advance, to give not only consumers notice, but because they are required by state & Federal law to announce 90 days or more that changes are coming down the road.

As for Google Fiber, if you do not sign a 2 year contract for TV/Internet, you pay a $300 fee.  For just Internet only, $300 fee if you do not sign a 1yr contract.  These are the cities lit, and soon to be lit https://fiber.google.com/cities/#header=check

I will tell you this, that even when it was announced, it was just a pet project for Google, and was going to stay as a small build.  It was also to break the monoply hold in certain areas of Kansas City metro, that were only being served by one or two Pay to watch tv providers.  Also, those areas that are going to be possibly built out later, or even built out now, are very limited to small foot prints, not large coverage that you would see with providers like Comcast, Charter, TWC, that would cover 100% of the major foot print.

Yes, UVerse does not cover 100% foot print of metro areas, but they at least cover 76-83% of the metro footprint for tv, 100% for Internet.  Of course you have to love that they only make a broad statement of having 200 HD channels, no way of knowing actual HD offerings, and how many of those are PPV, OnDemand, Sport premium.

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

11 years ago

" I do like that people that sign up for a service, when the prices go up, they scream price gouging."

They scream price gouging when the service doesn't actually get better yet they end up paying more and more and more through hidden fees or crap excuses of "costs" which we never are actually explained about.....

I can think of many things that I pay for which I have no issue with a yearly price increase yet things like UVerse service and these idiotic additional fees every month with price increases on the whole? Well, I am even thinking of switching soon.

And yes, I did in fact of service with other companies where I got the actual price every month from them without having to triple check all the fine print.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

The rate increase for  base service on t.v., and also internet  is a classic bait, and switch. I was quoted a  price for service in December for a one year contract. I was also told if I back out of my end of the contract I will be charged $180.00. I agreed to terms. Fair enough. Then a month and a half later find that the rate for the base service is going up $2.00 for tv, and $3.00 for internet. $60.00 per year? In the name of transparency, a rate increase for base service should not be administered mid-contract. My Opinion. Alas, when it is time to renew my contract I will need to "imagine Possible" that pricing may increase.

Ya got me

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@TaxDawg wrote:
" I do like that people that sign up for a service, when the prices go up, they scream price gouging."

They scream price gouging when the service doesn't actually get better yet they end up paying more and more and more through hidden fees or crap excuses of "costs" which we never are actually explained about.....

I can think of many things that I pay for which I have no issue with a yearly price increase yet things like UVerse service and these idiotic additional fees every month with price increases on the whole? Well, I am even thinking of switching soon.

And yes, I did in fact of service with other companies where I got the actual price every month from them without having to triple check all the fine print.

What would those things be?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Yes. I called a rep. the rep was very courteous, and explained the up-charge was the January rate increase. She explained I would att would credit  this bill because it was not explained clearly when I started my contract in December 2012. However, my future bills thru December 2013 will all have the up-charges. My last bill did not have the up-charge

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@cutty777 wrote:

Yes. I called a rep. the rep was very courteous, and explained the up-charge was the January rate increase. She explained I would att would credit  this bill because it was not explained clearly when I started my contract in December 2012. However, my future bills thru December 2013 will all have the up-charges. My last bill did not have the up-charge

First, the new rates went into effect for billing periods as of February 1, 2013.  Second, it appears that the CSR that you spoke to gave you some wrong information.  If your promotional period started prior to February 1, 2013,  your rates will not change until the end of your promotional period.  From the link below:

If you are on a current U-verse TV, U-verse Voice, and/or U-verse High Speed Internet pricing promotion, the promotional benefit will continue until the applicable promotion ends or expires. For questions regarding any of the U-verse services, visit att.com/uversesupport.

http://uverseonline.att.net/web_files/NEXTGEN/web_files/uverse-custom/one-offs/uversepricechange/index.html

What you will see on your monthly billing statements for the remainder of your promotion period are billings at the new rates offset by credits to bring your pricing down to the promotion rates. At the end of your promotion period, the offsetting credits will be removed and your will be billed at the currents rates in effect.

If you have any questions on this, please send a PM to AT&T Customer Care who can help get your issue resolved. Also, check the settings on your account to make sure that you will receive email notification when a PM is received on this forum.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@TaxDawg wrote:

So let me get this straight, AT&T gets charged more for providing you channels, they add new channels and yet when they raise rates by no more than $10 for all services, (TV, internet and rental fees). and they only raise rates once per year you have  a problem with it.  Dish just raised their rates, Direct TV just raised their rates, Verizon just raised their rates, Comcast just raised their rates, TWC just raised their rates, Brighthouse doubled the internet rental fee and raised their rates.  So which provider are you going to go with that doesn't raise their rates?  You're not going to find one.  Unless you go with a set of rabbit ears and watch nothing but OTA you are going to have rate increases in whichever provider you go with. Its a fact of life.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.