Get the myAT&T app
RemyM's profile

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 10:04 PM

U-verse 2013 Pricing Changes

This was filed today with the state of Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority

Beginning with bills received on January 27, 2013, the monthly price of some U-verse TV packages are increasing.  These price adjustments reflect increased business costs, including costs associated with higher programming fees.  

The monthly price for the following U-verse TV service plans will increase $2: U-family to $59; U200 to $74; U200 Latino to $84; U300 to $89; U300 Latino to $99;  U450 to $121; and U450 Latino to $131. (Grandfathered plans also will increase $2: U100 to $61 or $66, depending on when first ordered; and U400 to $116.).  Beginning on February 1, 2013 there will be a separate Broadcast TV Surcharge of $1.99 per month to recover a portion of the amount local broadcasters charge AT&T to carry their channels.

Those customers who currently have a U-verse TV pricing promotion will continue to receive the promotional benefit until the applicable promotion ends or expires.  Customers are being notified of these changes via bill messaging occurring in November and December.  In addition, customers will be notified of these changes online at www.att.net/uversepricechange.  Customers seeking information about U-verse services may visit www.att.net/uverseonline.

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

11 years ago

@brkf wrote:

They no longer charge extra for local channels.  Haven't for years.  We have DTV.  Our bill with two DVRs, HD and several hundred channels is $63 a month.  Uverse for the same level is closer to $100.  And the Uverse equipment isn't as good.  

We have Uverse for internet but with sudden $5 bump in charges this month, I'm now shopping for a new provider.  No way this 6 MBPS service with the 1990s residential gateway is worth $48 a month.  

So did you have to pay $199 each for those 2 DVR's which are never yours to own and must be returned when you cancel service? With your 2-year contract is your price-lock at the low price you mentioned only good for 1 year? Just curious if we're comparing "apples-to-apples" as far as price goes and maybe you worked out a better deal?

Personally I wouldn't touch Directv again when the HD signal fails in any type of inclement weather and would much rather have a reliable TV service like U-verse.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

My bill for several months was the same.  Now it is going up.

I have a new charge $2 for High Speed internet Equipment Fee.

My Uverse TV went up from $87 to $89, $2 increase

My Uverse Internet went up from $38 to $41, $3 increase.

My Uverse Voice stayed the same at $35.00

Has this happened to anyone else?

Letitia

Scholar

• 

286 Messages

11 years ago

Yes every one got the increases how much depends on the pkg you have, the only ones that did not get an increase are the ones with promos.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

The retentions department will be very busy in the following weeks/months!!Smiley Tongue

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Has anyone looked at their latest bill? We have UVerse Internet and TV and our bill is now 110 for the lowest internet and U200 TV. They are now charging us for our router 2+ bucks a month. 4+ bucks on TV. 2+ bucks a month on Internet.

When I called in to ask what I am getting for this extra cost, I was getting no additional services, but they couldgive me premium channel tv for 3 months. What a gift (kidding). By registering my displeasure I got a one time credit, but I am looking for a permanent solution.

Does anyone know how to reduce one's bill permanently? Does anyone have the correct contact information inside the company to register a complaint?

If the capability were truely there, I would so be a cord cutter today.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

I have to agree. These price increases are why I left Time Warner back in 2008, and the crappy internet service they had too.

I was shocked when I saw the $2 fee for the WiFi gateway I have had since day one. where the heck is the value?

Moving to anther provider being TW, Dish or Direct TV is not an option for me. They are all higher for the same equipement that I now have with Uverse. I was thinking of switching to U300 today until I saw the blurp about charging for the extra receivers once I upgrade to a higher package. My $5 discount expires at the end of this month for the Turbo Max internet. So I will go back down to the 15 or 12 service.

Not sure how Netflix will look once I downgrade.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

11 years ago

@kitchin wrote:

Has anyone looked at their latest bill? We have UVerse Internet and TV and our bill is now 110 for the lowest internet and U200 TV. They are now charging us for our router 2+ bucks a month. 4+ bucks on TV. 2+ bucks a month on Internet.

When I called in to ask what I am getting for this extra cost, I was getting no additional services, but they couldgive me premium channel tv for 3 months. What a gift (kidding). By registering my displeasure I got a one time credit, but I am looking for a permanent solution.

Does anyone know how to reduce one's bill permanently? Does anyone have the correct contact information inside the company to register a complaint?

If the capability were truely there, I would so be a cord cutter today.

The only way to lower a bill permanently is to downgrade service. Anything else is simply a Band-aid.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

11 years ago

@Smitty2445 wrote:

I have to agree. These price increases are why I left Time Warner back in 2008, and the crappy internet service they had too.

I was shocked when I saw the $2 fee for the WiFi gateway I have had since day one. where the heck is the value?

Moving to anther provider being TW, Dish or Direct TV is not an option for me. They are all higher for the same equipement that I now have with Uverse. I was thinking of switching to U300 today until I saw the blurp about charging for the extra receivers once I upgrade to a higher package. My $5 discount expires at the end of this month for the Turbo Max internet. So I will go back down to the 15 or 12 service.

Not sure how Netflix will look once I downgrade.

I think you answered your own question...

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

The only way to reduce your bill is to place a call to AT&T and let them know you have received an offer from a competitor for the same or simular channels at a lower price and then get sent to retentions.  Plead your case with them and see what they will do to keep you as a customer. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have had UVerse internet now for 5+ years and now all of a sudden they are charginng an additional monthlyy charge for equipment usage, which over time will more than pay for the use of equipment, I'm assuming since I have no idea what equipment they are charging a fee for.

i am so glad Google fiber is coming to my area (at least for now) cause all these companies do is gouge you with fees and additional charges.  There's not enough competition in the internet field in most communities.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.