Get the myAT&T app
RemyM's profile

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 10:04 PM

U-verse 2013 Pricing Changes

This was filed today with the state of Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority

Beginning with bills received on January 27, 2013, the monthly price of some U-verse TV packages are increasing.  These price adjustments reflect increased business costs, including costs associated with higher programming fees.  

The monthly price for the following U-verse TV service plans will increase $2: U-family to $59; U200 to $74; U200 Latino to $84; U300 to $89; U300 Latino to $99;  U450 to $121; and U450 Latino to $131. (Grandfathered plans also will increase $2: U100 to $61 or $66, depending on when first ordered; and U400 to $116.).  Beginning on February 1, 2013 there will be a separate Broadcast TV Surcharge of $1.99 per month to recover a portion of the amount local broadcasters charge AT&T to carry their channels.

Those customers who currently have a U-verse TV pricing promotion will continue to receive the promotional benefit until the applicable promotion ends or expires.  Customers are being notified of these changes via bill messaging occurring in November and December.  In addition, customers will be notified of these changes online at www.att.net/uversepricechange.  Customers seeking information about U-verse services may visit www.att.net/uverseonline.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@Seech wrote:

Am I right to assume that if I just got the U-verse service for phone and internet for a one year deal, my monthly charge will not change for a year even after the price increase? Thanks

Correct.  The price increase will not go into effect until your promotional price period ends.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Apparently, beginning with the next billing cycle in January 2013, the rates for Uverse TV and internet are increasing.

Back in July 2012, I subscribed to a bundled service agreement which stated the rates I was quoted and would pay were guaranteed for a 12 month period.

My concern is will what I pay increase now as a result? I have called customer service, but they gave me conflicting statements. The rep said my rates would increase, but the supervisor I talked to next said they would not (specifically, the rates will still increase, but so will my promotion discounts to offset those increases. The rep said my discounts would NOT increase to offset them).

Does anyone know for sure how this works? And if I do end up paying more, what do I do about it?

By the way, just the fact that my rates will increase either way means I will still pay more because that alone will increase the amount of the stupid taxes, fees and surcharges that are tacked onto my bill (most calculated by a percentage of the rate charges) AND weren't properly identifed or disclosed when I subscribed -but that is another "gripe" altogether.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

You're rates will not increase until your 12 month contract expires.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

11 years ago

@jefdhens wrote:

Apparently, beginning with the next billing cycle in January 2013, the rates for Uverse TV and internet are increasing.

Back in July 2012, I subscribed to a bundled service agreement which stated the rates I was quoted and would pay were guaranteed for a 12 month period.

My concern is will what I pay increase now as a result? I have called customer service, but they gave me conflicting statements. The rep said my rates would increase, but the supervisor I talked to next said they would not (specifically, the rates will still increase, but so will my promotion discounts to offset those increases. The rep said my discounts would NOT increase to offset them).

Does anyone know for sure how this works? And if I do end up paying more, what do I do about it?

By the way, just the fact that my rates will increase either way means I will still pay more because that alone will increase the amount of the stupid taxes, fees and surcharges that are tacked onto my bill (most calculated by a percentage of the rate charges) AND weren't properly identifed or disclosed when I subscribed -but that is another "gripe" altogether.

More than likely (if history is any guideline), your discount for TV service will increase to offset the higher price of the TV portion of your bill. However, you will probably pay the $1.99 broadcast TV surcharge.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

11 years ago

Here's another thing I found(Sorry if it was posted already or has been the case for awhile).

*Each additional receiver after the DVR will be charged $7.00/mo. If you currently have U300 or U450 and get the 2nd receiver free, you will be charged $7.00/mo for this receiver if you change your core TV package (ex. Move from U300 to U450)

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

The information below was on my latest U-verse bill in the News You Can Use section:

The monthly price of some U-verse services has increased beginning with this month's statement and may impact the cost of your service.  Additionally, beginning 2/1/13, U-verse TVcustomers will begin being billed a separate Broadcast TV Surcharge of up to $1.99 per month to recover a portion of the amount local broadcasters charge AT&T to carry their channels.  For a complete list of the changes, please visit att.net/uversepricechange

Important information for members with U300 and above: Beginning on 1/27/13, customers with U300 and above who make any changes to their core TV package will, after that  change, receive only 1 HD-ready DVR at no additional cost.  All additional receivers on the account will be charged $7/month.  Thank you again for being a valued AT&T U-verse member.

I also have the following new charge on my bill:

1. High Speed Internet Equipment Fee 2.00

Don't you love price increases?  Smiley Very Happy

Scholar

• 

286 Messages

11 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

The information below was on my latest U-verse bill in the News You Can Use section:

The monthly price of some U-verse services has increased beginning with this month's statement and may impact the cost of your service.  Additionally, beginning 2/1/13, U-verse TVcustomers will begin being billed a separate Broadcast TV Surcharge of up to $1.99 per month to recover a portion of the amount local broadcasters charge AT&T to carry their channels.  For a complete list of the changes, please visit att.net/uversepricechange

Important information for members with U300 and above: Beginning on 1/27/13, customers with U300 and above who make any changes to their core TV package will, after that  change, receive only 1 HD-ready DVR at no additional cost.  All additional receivers on the account will be charged $7/month.  Thank you again for being a valued AT&T U-verse member.

I also have the following new charge on my bill:

1. High Speed Internet Equipment Fee 2.00

Don't you love price increases?  Smiley Very Happy

I got my bill today it went up $9.27 not much you can do about it, i will make sure not to change the core,don't want to pay for the extra reciever i did notice the new charges for the gateway and local broadcasts they get you coming and going i am luckier then some people as my taxes and fees are not too high just over 11.00 a month with the new fees.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

They no longer charge extra for local channels.  Haven't for years.  We have DTV.  Our bill with two DVRs, HD and several hundred channels is $63 a month.  Uverse for the same level is closer to $100.  And the Uverse equipment isn't as good.  

We have Uverse for internet but with sudden $5 bump in charges this month, I'm now shopping for a new provider.  No way this 6 MBPS service with the 1990s residential gateway is worth $48 a month.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

@MicCheck wrote:

@ManuelM wrote:
And here I was thinking maybe for once pricing will finally go down. How long until the bubble bursts? In 2006, 3Mbps internet was advertised at $16. Now the same service is $41? And instead of finally getting rid of the obvious money-grab premium fee for HD, there is now a premium fee for channels that are free over the air. Where is even the logic in that? I am incredibly disappointed with the careless price hikes they can just get away with and the increasingly obvious ploy to pay more for the same or less.

In 2006, just like today, AT&T advertised temporary lower prices to entice customer to sign up. the $16 internet you mention in just one example. 

The $10 HD fee is optional and not all customers want to take advantage of HD programming, so it seems fair for them to have a way to avoid paying for channels they do not want. In addition, most providers have additional charges for HD equipment as well, whereas all of AT&T's equipment is HD capable.

While broadcast channels are free OTA, AT&T must pay for the rights to carry them. 

Who in 2013 still has an SD tv?  Like 5% of the population?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@brkf wrote:

Who in 2013 still has an SD tv?  Like 5% of the population?

Actually, quite a few, and the majority of TV viewing still takes place in standard definition:

New Nielsen data shows that more than three-quarters of all U.S. homes have HD televisions, up 14% from last year, and that nearly 40% of homes have multiple HD sets. Yet the same data shows that most viewing is still taking place in the standard-definition format.

In May 2012, 61% of all primetime viewing was done on an HD set, but much of that viewing was of standard- definition feeds, according to Nielsen. During that month about 29% of English-language broadcast primetime viewing and 25% of cable primetime viewing was in "true HD," the study found.

http://forums.att.com/t5/The-U-verse-Lounge/HD-Sets-in-Over-Three-Quarters-of-U-S-Homes-Nielsen/m-p/3333669

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.