For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
ggenny01's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, August 27th, 2014 10:25 PM

U-Verse

First of all, I am deaf. I use a Caption Call phone when I need to make calls. I also use the feature *69 to find out who called a missed call. I started having days where my internet service would just stop working and going off for no reason at all...well, after several times calling AT&T, they talked me into getting Uverse..It only took about 2 days for a service man to come hook me up. U-Verse was suppose to be so much better and faster. Folks, when  the service man left, my computer is no faster than it has been in the past 6 years of being on broadband. It is a gimic to get people hooked up for 12 months and then go up on your monthly fee. Now, for the sad part, My Caption Call phone no longer worked. My *69 no longer worked. With the help of my daughter in law and us on the phone for 3 hours, the person on the other line informs us that U-verse does NOT support Caption Call, NOR does it support *69 feature. They did say they would change me back over to my old service. That was last week? I cannot make phone calls and take care of things that need to be took care of because I don't have my Caption Call Phone working. I just wonder if they are really going to hook me back the way I was. If I knew I could beat this thing, [Edited to comply with Guidelines] Somebody needs to start doing something about these companies tricking people into stuff like this. And guess what? My internet hasn't shut down anymore. What do you bet they have ways of shutting our internet down so that we get fed up and will do as they say? If they can have access to your computer by telling you how to 'fix' problems, I bet they can shut us down. Thanks for letting me vent but I just have to let you all know that Uverse is NO faster.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @ggenny01 

I'm very sorry for the service issues you're experiencing. You speed can depend on many factors, including the age and performance of your computer. Do you know what plan you have?

Our team will be happy to help you with your phone too. You can send us a private message by using the link below, just click on ATTCustomerCare to create a new message. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I can't even call AT&T to straighten out my Caption Call and my *69 because the AT&T hooked me up to Uverse and Uverse doesn't support those two features. I am deaf and without my caption call phone I can't call and talk to anyone. I have waited two weeks to get changed back.They must have forgot about me. I don't even know what account number to give you because they gave me a new account number with Uverse. The NEW account number is [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]. My name is Genny . I am the same place I get the bill at...Please respond to this or I will have to change from AT&T to another company that can fix my problems..

Thanks.
Genny N  5/4/14

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@ggenny01 wrote:

I can't even call AT&T to straighten out my Caption Call and my *69 because the AT&T hooked me up to Uverse and Uverse doesn't support those two features. I am deaf and without my caption call phone I can't call and talk to anyone. I have waited two weeks to get changed back.They must have forgot about me. I don't even know what account number to give you because they gave me a new account number with Uverse. The NEW account number is [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]. My name is Genny . I am the same place I get the bill at...Please respond to this or I will have to change from AT&T to another company that can fix my problems..

Thanks.
Genny N  5/4/14

Genny: Click this link: https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

It will bring up a new screen which will be a message addressed to AT&T Customer Care. Send them a private message and someone will contact you. Be sure to stress that your phone isn't working and they will have to communicate via email. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.