Get the myAT&T app
coolman302003's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Sunday, April 29th, 2012 5:45 AM

U-Verse TV only (can I get 4 HD streams?)

I am thinking about getting U-Verse TV only to try out contract free. I was wondering if I would be able to get 4 HD streams since I would not have Internet or Voice. The online availability shows that I qualify for all Internet plans except the Max Turbo (24Mbps)..So which profile would I probably get based on this and would I be able to do 4 HD streams?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

Nope, if limited to 18M internet, you will surely get the 32/5  profile (required for 18M internet) w/4HD (3 can be recorded and 1 seen on any TV, but the DVR). 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

15 Messages

12 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

Nope, if limited to 18M internet, you will surely get the 32/5  profile (required for 18M internet) w/4HD (3 can be recorded and 1 seen on any TV, but the DVR). 😉

Wrong. You can get the 18M internet with the 25/2 profile with only 3HD streams (I know because this is exactly what I have).  If the OP can't order 24 Max Turbo then his profile will not be 32/5.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

coolman302003 - Unfortunately, there is no way to tell ahead of time. There is even the possibility that they would install less & additional work could bring in the 4HD. Give it a try.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

It depends on how far from the VRAD you are.  The closer the better chance you will get the profile that will enable you to receive 4 hd streams.  Althouhg you could get 4 hd streams you woul only be able to record 3 hd channels at once, and watch the 4th stream at the time.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you both for your replies. I have been reading on other threads and I do understand how the 4 HD streams works where you can only record 3 HD and watch a 4th HD on a standard STB other then the THDVR box. I have a feeling since I can't get the Max Turbo that I would probably only get the 25/2 profile. I will probably still go ahead and try the TV servIce out anyway cause I really have nothing to lose with the 30 day guarantee, free activation (online orders), and no term agreement.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

Thanks for your reply, thats the answer I was looking (and hoping) for 🙂 I will probably be ordering the U-Verse TV soon. Thank you all for your help!

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

I thought of a few other questions to ask the community here prior to ordering...

What all features/extras am I missing out on by subscribing to TV only?

I've searched other threads and have read that the iPhone App doesn't work and U-Bar I believe but that's the only enhancements I read that I would not have. What about Showtime Anytime, HBOGO, MAXGO, the premium authenticated content from Starz, MoviePlex, Encore on this site U-Verse Online etc.

Also, I am probably going to be ordering a POTS line (mostly for faxing and an alarm system) I want the reliability of the POTS landline expecially for E911 and since corded phones work in the event of an extended power outage. Anyway I was "building" a custom bundle on the AT&T site which allows you to choose a mix between POTS, U-Verse, Wireless, and DIRECTV services; I was wondering if I order U-Verse TV and POTS through this "custom bundle" builder are both services going to be on the same bill or separate? Should I have one specific service installed before the other or does it matter? Now I have searched the forums and it seems as though you receive separate bills but those posts were not that recent...because if its separate bills anyway I might as well order them separately to get all the promos as you will see below what I am referring to. 

One reason I was asking is because when ordering through the custom bundle it will not give the HBO/Cinemax Free for 3 months promotion...I was wanting to get that especially since its a $78 value. 

As you can see below ordering through the standard U-Verse configuration which does not let you select any services outside the U-Verse family of products gives the HBO/Cinemax promotion.

Also it looks like with TV only your not charged an equipment fee or even a one time RG fee. Smiley Happy

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

If you don't get Uverse internet, you will not be able to use the Web Remote Access to the DVR on the internet.  You would not have special content on Uverse Online as you will not have a Uverse email address to sign in with.

POTS can not be combined, it is always separate.

Ubar might work as it has everything on it now, not just what you choose on ATT.net (comes under MY Teams).

Hope you'll like Uverse TV as much as I have for almost 4 years. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

So I won't be able to access Showtime Anytime or HBO/MAX GO even if I subscribe to the packages if I do not get the U-Verse Internet. If so that's really unfortunate I figured you would just use the My AT&T account login that you would use to view/pay bill, change services etc.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@pc319 wrote:

Wrong. You can get the 18M internet with the 25/2 profile with only 3HD streams (I know because this is exactly what I have).  If the OP can't order 24 Max Turbo then his profile will not be 32/5.

You are correct.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.