Get the myAT&T app
DanandLiz's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, April 3rd, 2014 4:26 PM

Triple Billed for Restoral Fees

I missed my payment date and service was disconnected for my phone, tv and internet.  I immediately paid the bill.  I called to confirm payment had been received and was told it had been and there would be a "ONE TIME $30 RESTORAL FEE ON THIS ACCOUNT" .  However I was charged $90.  I was TOLD it was $30 but and charged $90.  At least Time Warner Cable is honest in how they screw you over.  Why am I being charged $90?  I only have ONE ACCOUNT.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

It's 30 dollars every service, 3 services equals 90 dollars. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

It seems that it's an automatic charge on my account, on the 20th of the month. I will be changing back to DirecTv, as they don't charge these ridiculous fee's. $90 to flip a switch is robbing people.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@giacomo4 wrote:

It seems that it's an automatic charge on my account, on the 20th of the month. I will be changing back to DirecTv, as they don't charge these ridiculous fee's. $90 to flip a switch is robbing people.

It should only be an automatic charge each month if they disconnect you and reconnect you each month.  Is that happening?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

It is HIGHWAY ROBBERY to charge someone 3 times just because of there being 3 services. Those services are a bundle but yet the fees cannot be bundled. That is a slap in the face and horrible service and basically telling all of us and every other customer that its all about the money and who the he** cares how you feel or that your getting crap services.

Whats interesting is that I have been charged over and over for same restoral fees and then last week when I tempted to get it resolved once again, I was told they did not charge restoral fees and I should not have had the 600.00 worth of restoral charges on my bill.

Yet its obvious I was lied to or it just goes by whomever is on the phone with whatever customer during that moment and time. I have the printed chat/text document from AT&T saying I would not and should not have restoral fees, not to mention the month after month of continuing to still be billed for them. And yet your being charged these fees, I am being charged these fees and so its just okay that we are told whatever and have to pay them. Im beyond upset reading this forum and how it seems to be "No Big Deal"  that AT&T charges that charge 3 times when the crap all comes on the same bill and they are not driving out to our homes to shut it off.

Whomever else on here that threw it out there that 3 fees should only make sense because we have 3 services is completely illogical just like AT&T.

I don't know...maybe its just me and those like you that have been charged multiple times...but it seems as though their is not even a smidgen of justification in why they choose to bill and charge fees that way.

We are not charged by the mile on traffic violations even though when we were speeding we actually sped for 2 miles. As ridiculous of an example that is, is just about as ridiculous as AT&T charging for each service or minute you use your "Bundle".

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Its been a reaccuring fee on my bill also. If service is shut off or not shut off I was routinuely getting billed after the initial billing which was already to the extreme. I am sure its not just myself and the other customer on this forum that are being over billed for these fees however uncalled for it is, AT&T should not have this happening.

I am just baffled at how little they care after seeing and hearing so many complaints and negative experiences that seem to just keep coming.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@NickyA wrote:

Its been a reaccuring fee on my bill also. If service is shut off or not shut off I was routinuely getting billed after the initial billing which was already to the extreme. I am sure its not just myself and the other customer on this forum that are being over billed for these fees however uncalled for it is, AT&T should not have this happening.

I am just baffled at how little they care after seeing and hearing so many complaints and negative experiences that seem to just keep coming.

Like someone mentioned above, they should only be recurring charges if services are suspended each month. If you are being charged restoral fees when your service hasn't been suspended, I'd recommend contacting AT&T customer case using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Mentor

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

You're only billed restoral fees when your services are suspended for non payment ($30 per service/product). If you are seeing restore fees each month and your services are not/ haven't been interrupted for non pay then call att and speak with collections (account receivable). Those charges are handle by that department.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Ya, what's really fun is that after you cancel home phone service AND overpay and think you're good for at least a couple months, they jack up your rates to make up for lack of phone, to 170 for only internet and uverse 200, the most basic plan, then they cancel you because you can't reach anyone, you pay immediately, and nowhere on the site are instructions on how to restore service; if it can be shut off remotely, it should be able to be restored remotely. i shudder to think how much they are going to gouge me for for restoration fees, and arbitrary fees and we're-the-only-game-in-town-fees-so-we-don't-have-to-give-the-most-minimal-service-fees.

It's been a nightmare with them, and it seems like they doubled down on the sadism when I cancelled my phone service. I got rid of their wireless, and am going to get rid of them too.  in my market, the only other provider of cable/internet is cox. I know, they're terrible too. But with this level of hatred, matched only by their seeming hatred of me, the only consolation is that i won't be giving them money soon. we're all held hostage by them. i was assaulted once. The experience I have had with ATT with them having all the power and absoutely no accountability is worse.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.