Tired of the run around with customer service

Participant

Tired of the run around with customer service

[ Edited ]

So my nightmare began when I purchased my new home and tried to transfer service from one address to another.  I had up until this point been a loyal uverse customer for four years.  I was given date after date of the install and it was continually cancelled without notification even though I was taking off of work to be there for the install.   I spent over five hours over six different service calls being given the same run around every single time.  It seems the problem is arising that there are three units (A,B, and C) at my same street address, a common issue I would imagine.  Since I am in Unit A and Unit B installed service the week before I keep being told that I have service.  I don't even share a wall with Unit B and have a stand alone home, and definitely do not have service.  Even though the customer service department says they will fix it they have scheduled several installs only to come back and cancel and inform me they can not override the computer through their "address verification department"  I have been hung up on twice and receive the run around every single time with the same song and dance.  This is why I think I will just cut the cable, have comcast install internet, and use itunes and netflix to watch whatever I want.  This has been going on for weeks and not once has ATT reached out to me to correct the situation.    This is why people are leaving cable companies at such a fast rate.  Add me to the list!  Thanks for nothing ATT!

[word filter avoidance]

Message 1 of 6 (319 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Guru

Re: Tired of the run around with customer service

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (313 Views)
Employee

Have you requested an address verification be initiated....
this process can take several weeks... and may be a facilities issue delivering service to three units... a single family home is a unique address not a unit A B or C which could be a condo an apartment an 3family or a rooming house.

Have you reached out to the Customer Care group by sending a PM....
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6 (312 Views)
Participant

[ Edited ]

Yes I have had several address verifications requested.?? I have had a range of responses.? I am told by one person that it has been approved and then they attempt to schedule an appointment and the "computer" won't let them.? I then received a notice of the address verification and they put the wrong address!? They spelled my street Maxi, not Maxie and still did not include Unit A.? You can look at hcad.com and this shows up:

It takes about ten seconds to go on the government website to confirm that there are in fact three units there.? Why can't you guys do that and get my service out?? And no it is not a service issue because your last installer ran the cable right through my back yard where it still lays, not even buried for my dog to chew on.? This is a whole other issue of incompetence though.? I can send you a copy of my closing papers to prove the house is real, or better yet have the service tech come out and look, its pretty obvious.? It seems like you guys are making an extremely simple situation into a mountain, for no reason.? I will be escalating this and have already filed a complaint with the better business bureau.

Ryan

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal information]

Message 4 of 6 (307 Views)
Community Manager

Hello, sickoftheexcuses!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about all the trouble you've had getting U-verse installed. Have you had a chance to use the link Jeffster provided to send us a private message? If not, I strongly encourage you to do so as soon as possible so we can work on your case.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns! Once again, I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 6 (252 Views)
Community Support

Hi @sickoftheexcuses ,

I apologize about all the issues you are having trying to get services. We have received your message and look forward to working with you to get this issue corrected.

Thank you,

David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 6 (238 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support