Get the myAT&T app
gillybean78's profile

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

Friday, May 31st, 2013 3:30 PM

Thinking about canceling within first 30 days...need some answers

Good morning.  I ordered and did the self install for Uverse internet on 5/24/13.  I just discovered Comcast is available in my area and I am thinking about having them installed and then cancelling Uverse (the upload speeds with me using DISH anywhere just are not fast enough to get HD remotely).  I want to know what financial obligations I will incur if I do this.  I only had Uverse Internet Max (12megs down/1.5 up).

I got charged a $100 wireless gateway fee when I signed up, a 49.00 service activation fee, and then the monthly service fee of 51 a month.  So If I cancel do I have to eat the $100 gateway fee and $49.00 service activation fee?  I would love to send the gateway back and not have to incur the 100 dollar gateway fee, but don't know if it will work that way since it is listed on the bill under account charges as a one time account charge fee.

Any advice would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

11 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

Unluckily the $100 gateway is yours to keep and you are out the $49 activation fee.

Surprised you didn't look for Comcrap before you installed Uverse IPDSLAM internet.  You probably got pulled in by one of the 6 month teaser rates, beware you will feel the jolt after the 6 months. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Customer purchased equipment has a 30 day return policy, so I OP returns the gateway within 30 days, s/he can get the charged refunded.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB409172&cv=813#fbid=md0kjlvZVgs

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Unluckily the $100 gateway is yours to keep and you are out the $49 activation fee.

Surprised you didn't look for Comcrap before you installed Uverse IPDSLAM internet.  You probably got pulled in by one of the 6 month teaser rates, beware you will feel the jolt after the 6 months. 😉

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

That is the bad news I didn't want to hear.  Hmm so then I get to keep the router correct?  Any idea how much I can sell it for on craigslist or ebay?

I also noticed I am not getting the discounted rate on uverse like we were quoted when we signed up so that frustrates me more.  

Comcast originally said they couldnt install it because of too many trees in the way of being able to run the lines but now they said they can do the work.  I just want good internet and I wonder if I will truly see a difference with Comcast compared to Uverse.  

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Uverse IPDSLAM internet...how do you determine if you have this service or the real Uverse internet?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Generally Uverse VDSL internet requires a tech install as it's much more finicky than IPDSLAM ADSL 2/2+.  Probably have an NVG510, can't sell it, it only works for your account, it was tied to it.

Comcrap, too many trees in the way, bull crunch.  If the phone line got there, cable just piggybacks on poles.

Users have posted they love Comcrap internet, but they all seem to be paying a high price (after teaser rates) for what they are getting. 😉

Chris

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

That's good for the user then, must have been a recent change due to complaints. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.