For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Tehirah's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 1:46 AM

Technicians Disconnects my service to fix or connect another customer

I am so furious right now. This is the 3rd time my services were disconnected because of an ATT tech. I just moved into a newly built home, and in 4 months, this has happened 3 times. The first time my services went out, a tech came out & told me about the signal & there being no light
He told me that someone must've taken my jumper out to fix someone else's services so whatever he had to do to fix it he did. The 2nd time was this Saturday, August 19th. I was in the middle of watching a movie when my services went out. After a failed troubleshooting attempt, a tech was able to come out that day. When the tech arrived, he told me that the jumper was probably taken out again because too many tech's be in the hub & it was probably due to not being labeled. So he told me he had to go get some equipment & he will be back on :30mins. When he came back my services were back on & he told me that he put a label in the box. Now today, August 21st, I was in the middle of an online exam when the internet went out. Already had gone through this on Saturday...i tried the troubleshooting again & it failed. This time I got in my car & was headed to the street where I know the hub is. But before I got off my street, I saw an ATT TECH servicing my neighbors house 3 doors down. I stopped and asked him of he's the reason why my services were out & at first he said no. So I told him i was headed to the hub myself. But then he stopped me...asked me where I live & when I told him about the issue Saturday he then told me that he probably is the reason my services is out & that whatever my tech did Saturday is probably the reason the house he was servicing was out. & he claims nothing was labeled. He then said he would try to fix it back but if not someone else would have too. This upset me greatly. Why are my services being screwed with because lazy tech's don't want to do their job correctly. I have a friend who works for ATT & installs cable & he told me that happens all the time because they don't want to do their job. And to make matters worse....the next available appointment is not until Wednesday. So I have to go a full day & 2 nights without service. Because if uverse is down, I have no phone or internet. Which means I can't do my online work, & my Wi-Fi security system is disabled in high crime new Orleans & I can't secure my house so now my safety is in jeopardy. I also have to take off from work in order for them to service me. Att doesnt pay me for time off yet wants to be paid for bad services. This service is extremely unacceptable & since this seems to be an issue with AT&T & not me or mother nature its a service i no longer want to have. It's a shame that there is no email to file a complaint & that customer service was closed when the issue arrised.
No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.