Get the myAT&T app
GPM75070's profile

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

Sunday, March 8th, 2015 9:04 PM

Surcharges

I got a brochure in the mail yesterday, one day after install, that shows "My Next Bill Estimate". Not counting any installation and set up fees, nor counting any "Government Fees and Taxes", sp called surcharges add abou $90.00 to my bill!!! I got the Triple Play U450. As an example, for Uverse voice unlimited minutes the monthly charge is $35.00. "Surcharges and Other Fees" are $32.77!! That, even without the $16/04 listed for "Government Fees and Taxes" almost doubles the cost of Uverse Voice!!! Are these surcharges going to continue at this level of does this have something to do with the initial installation? The VoIP service I am replcing with Uverse Voice was costing me <$25 all fees and surcharges included!!!

Any quote for service shoudl include surcharges! They are just below the line costs and easy of being able to falsely (in my opinion) advertise lower costs. I can understand not  including government fees and taxes but these surcharges go directly to AT&T. 

You may not have a very long time customer if these kind of surcharges are applied every month!

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @GPM75070 

I apologize for any issues and confusion with your bill, our team will be happy to review it for you! It does sound like it's higher because it's the first bill, but since it's account specific, please send us a private message by clicking here and one of our managers will contact you directly to assist. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

9 years ago

A lot of those charges were removed when the bill was finalized. No problems at this point.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Awesome, thanks for the update!

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.