Second receiver $7 charge

Highlighted
Voyager

Second receiver $7 charge

I got an offer to upgrade from U300 to U450 and receive $100. Problem is, when I attempted to do it, there is a message that my second receiver will no longer be free (I have 4) it will now be $7 like the others........Whats the deal with that?

Message 1 of 5 (3,174 Views)
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author Saints72
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Second receiver $7 charge

Saints72 wrote:

I got an offer to upgrade from U300 to U450 and receive $100. Problem is, when I attempted to do it, there is a message that my second receiver will no longer be free (I have 4) it will now be $7 like the others........Whats the deal with that?

Anything you might have 'grandfathered' in stops when you change your package.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (3,167 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author Saints72
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

This was previously mentioned on the forum:

Important information for members with U300 and above: Beginning on 1/27/13, customers with U300 and above who make any changes to their core TV package will, after that  change, receive only 1 HD-ready DVR at no additional cost.  All additional receivers on the account will be charged $7/month.  Thank you again for being a valued AT&T U-verse member.

http://forums.att.com/t5/U-Verse-Billing/U-verse-2013-Pricing-Changes/m-p/3424839#M15671

Message 3 of 5 (3,151 Views)
Voyager

Thanks for your replies, although I find it frustrating to be penalized if I actually want to upgrade and continue my service.

Message 4 of 5 (3,115 Views)
ACE - Expert

Yeah, makes the $100 one-time credit look even more insignificant.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5 (3,082 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support