Get the myAT&T app
Shelbyrk89's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015 4:50 PM

Rewards card expired nothing can be done??

I have never had such an unpleasant experience with AT&T like I had today. If we weren't under contracts I would cancel all service. We have been with AT&T for over 5 years with cell phone and Internet. November 2014 we switched to uverse also and were told we would recieve a $200 rewards card. Awesome. Except not awesome I feel like it was only a scam. After the craziness of the hoildays I realized we never received our rewards card. If I wasnt a mom of two that works full time I probably would have been able to call the day I relized we never got it, but I wasn't able to call until today. The first of seven people I spoke to told me I should have called a week ago because at this point it's expired and there's nothing she can do. She also said I was not the first person to call about not receiving the card or any information about it, but she can transfer me to customer service. I ended up back at the rewards center, that lady told me the rewards center couldn't help me and I needed to speak to customer service. I was transferred 4 more times. Nobody was helpful. We've been with this company for so long you would think they could help us get what was promised to us. I asked the last lady I spoke to if we could just get a credit for our account she said "no you were told you would get a card not a credit." I'm so unhappy with AT&T when our uverse contract is up in November we will be switching to someone else, I don't like being lied to. Thanks for nothing.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Shelbyrk89 Click the ATT Customer Care link in my signature, send the PM, explain your reward situation.  They have helped others.

Include your account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

OMG!  Same thing happened to me after being on the phone for over an 1hr and transferred back and forth I cancelled before my contract was over, now i pretty much punished myself after being told by the representative that they were not punishing me. Please let me know if they ever reissued a card.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Shelbyrk89 I feel your pain.  I use to brag to my friends and coworkers about how much better AT&T customer service was than my previous provided, and then I had a real concern, I had to deal with a customer service nightmare last night.  I too, had the rewards card from November, and I didn't even consider they would expire (why would a company have that policy other than hoping the new customer will forget about the reward).  Then I called customer service 3 times to resolve the solution, and the customer service representative I would get would bounce me to rewards who would in turn bounce me back to customer service.  When I would finally ask to speak with a manager I would be put on an endless hold I can only guess was specifically designed to frustrate the customer.  The free publicity I use to give them far outweighed the $150 the should give to a loyal customer.  And to top it all off, I go to the web site this morning and I do not even have the opportunity to contact someone by email, they want me to sit all day and chat with someone and wait for them to try and resolve my issue.  I hope this can be resolved (the fact that so many pepel are having a probel with the rewards card tells me the system is flawed) and they will have someone contact me and not have me keep waisting my time.  But I fear AT&T just lumped themselves into the same old thing as far as U-VERSE is concern. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Chris,

Can you explain "Click the ATT Customer Care line in my signature, send the PM, explain your reward situation?"

I am unable to find where "my signature" is, nor do I know what the PM (is this shorthand for problem)? 

Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@hwr123 wrote:

Chris,

Can you explain "Click the ATT Customer Care line in my signature, send the PM, explain your reward situation?"

I am unable to find where "my signature" is, nor do I know what the PM (is this shorthand for problem)? 

Thanks

Capture.JPG

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@hwr123 wrote:

Chris,

Thanks

Click the blue link in the signature below my name (that's what's known as my signature). Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.