Get the myAT&T app
Jimmy5151's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 17th, 2019 11:50 PM

Why is ATT so slow to acknowledge receipt of returned equipment?

Why is ATT so slow to acknowledge receipt of returned equipment?  And then, why is ATT so slow to apply the returned equipment to your account charges?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

If you returned it through UPS (and probably FedEx - never used them for att returns) you can lose up to a week before UPS gets around to shipping them back to att because they accumulate a bunch of returns to ship them all back at once.

And it's my experience you are never notified of returns (I've never been notified but I haven't returned anything in the last few years).  You should call att (tech support will do) to find out if your return was actually recorded in your account.  That's what counts!  It's not when you take it to UPS.  It's not when UPS ships the stuff.  It's not when att receives it on their shipping dock.  It's when it's recorded in your account.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

This reply is hogwash. Even after acknowledging the item has been
returned, ATT takes WEEKS to apply it to your account. This is the scam.
There should be ZERO time between ATT receiving the item and applying it to
your account.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

You may not LIKE the answer but it is what it is.  Don't kill the messenger.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Even after acknowledging the item has been returned, ATT takes WEEKS to apply it to your account.

I based my answer on the stuff I've had to return over the years.  Even in the days when they actually issued UPS shipping labels with actual tracking numbers and timely UPS shipping (because it was treated like anyone else shipping a personal item) I would always call att to make sure the item(s) were recorded in my account.  Then there was never any doubt about them recording it before the 21 day limit was reached.  Unfortunately the biggest variable these days is the time it takes UPS to physically send the stuff back to att so the 21-day limit may be "hogwash".  Therefore you shouldn't wait until the last moment to ship something back.and take it to UPS immediately instead.

But even if you exceed the 21-day limit and you get billed for the equipment (billing computer doesn't know anything else to do) you still have 6-months to get att to return the additional charges.  I would think it should be a simple as calling "billing".  It might take a month or two for the refund to appear on your bill due to your billing cycle but they will return it (it's in the terms of service) once the stuff is recorded returned.

If you were only looking for an answer for someone to agree with you then why did you even bother asking? 

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Same problem! Returned the equipment on 02/17 and it is 05/22 I have yet to get the charges taken care of. Worse off, no one a their 1-800 number seems to know what they are doing.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

Do you have the receipt from dropping off the equipment? Call back with that reference number. With the COVID 19 situation worldwide, there have been delays with many things. Some of the call centers are outside the US and have had more restrictive stay at home orders than the here in the US.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

I returned the upgraded device which i did not like back to AT&T within 14 days using the return label provided in the box. it has been in transit over 3 weeks at this point. USPS stated they dont have the package at this point as it was delivered to the third party shipped. AT&T said they dont have it as it is still in transit and i have was billed for two months of installment plan. I was told they can not remove the device from my account since they dont have it back to the warehouse at this time. 

i have spend over 20 hours on the phone with many different reps/ managers/retention department and no one can give me an answer of where the package is and or reverse the upgrade so i can order another device.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

@akozbe   Unless you are referring to a piece of UVERSE TV equipment you need to post in the correct forum.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.