Get the myAT&T app
Pramos920's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, July 14th, 2014 5:28 PM

Red X number 8

Just had U-verse installed on June 30th.  Was watching tv, then it turned off.  Came back on with a red x.  Tried everything posted in community, and now it has a red x with number 8.  

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @Pramos920,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with your DVR, but we will be glad to help. If power cycling the DVR and doing a non-destructive recovery:

1. Unplug the DVR
  2. Plug the DVR power back
  3. When you see 3 dots on the screen unplug the DVR and then plug the power back
  4. Repeat step 3 two more times
  5. You should see a gear on the screen.

do not help, we may need to replace the DVR. We can definitely help with that and will send you a private message.

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

It worked for a few hours, but not anymore. I've been trying since Tuesday. I suppose I need a new receiver. Really annoying since I just switched to U-Verse. Maybe I made the wrong decision to change.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Pramos920 - Have you tried a destructive reboot (you lose recordings)? Last resort before replacement. Works for some. worked for me.

Do this on the front panel of the DVR itself, not on the remote:

1. Press and hold down the power button.
2. Within 1 second, also press and hold down the OK and down arrow buttons.
3. All 3 front panel lights (red, green, blue will come on). At this point, release the power button, but continue holding down OK and down arrow.
4. When you see a gear appear on the screen, release OK and down arrow.

The system will reload the factory software from the network. This will take 20-30 minutes, and then the system will reboot.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I had this happen. I spent about 2 hours on it last night so I was overly annoyed. I reset the thing about 30 times. Removed the HDD and did a "disaster reset"....nothing. I called tonight and the dude one the phone was hard to understand and no help. He scheduled me an apt that is 4 days from now. Needless to say I figured it out on my own. I moved my Cat 5 cable to a different port on the modem and it came on. It would be beneficial for AT&T to post a description for what the error codes mean. I obviously need a new modem not a DVR. You should pay me to troubleshoot for you guys since no where on this site have I seen a post that said to try a different Ethernet port.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.