For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
hookum's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, March 13th, 2015 1:50 PM

Rate Change

I love that ATT has raised their rates roughly the same ammounts for all their holdings.  I have talked to Direct TV, whoes rates have gone up between 6-$7 a month, even though I am still under contract for the first year.  Then I see my internet bill has gone up the same amount.  Now I see my landline phone bill has gone up.  Whats next ATT? My Cellphone bill.  I see you think we'll just raise them a little bit and noone will notice, but when you get 4 bill from ATT a month, a $28 - $30ish raise is a lot.  Whats the point of being locked into a contract when you raise the rates at will?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

9 years ago

All pay TV models are the same. Pay for lots of different channels that you may not watch. By all means switch to another provider. But be aware they will do the same thing as AT&T. Your fees will go up every year.

If you buy internet service only you will still have to pay for streaming subscriptions for premium TV channels. If you want more than local TV channels you have to pay someone. No way around it.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

When I signed up they told it was $129 for 12 months. Now they raised it after 8 months. They can't keep their guranteed/promotional rate, what a scam!!!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I'm fine with them raising the rate, but if they tell me one rate for 12 months. I expect the same rate for the 12 moinths. I cannot pay them less if I want during those 12 months, they should not be able to raise the rate either.

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

The problem with this is, the agents never present it as $X amount off the price for 12 months. It's always, at least for me, been presented as $X amount a month for 12 months. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.