Get the myAT&T app
Jelitsa's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 27th, 2016 2:45 AM

Question about new charges

Today I called to move my existing U-verse svc to my new home. I renewed my contract in September. The person I spoke to said that when I move all I have to do is call to move the svcs and add the amount of new receivers and I wouldn't have to pay the monthly charge nor any installation fees. When I called today and spoke to Allison she said I had to pay $10 per month for each additional receiver plus a one time fee for each receiver of $49???!!! This is not what I was promised. If I'm not given what I was promised I will contact BBB and the OOP because now I'm questioning your integrity as a company... bcus I pay my U-verse and cell hone every month... I was thinking of getting Digital Life for my new home... but now do you really think I want your svcs???? I rather pay the $180 ETF and be done with you guys bcus I cannot trust that you will honor anything you promise.... so much for platinum customer huh....

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

That is not what I was promised!!!! I will be contacting BBB, FCC and your OOP to file a complaint

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

6 years ago

Please tell me where this so-called "fine print" is about this new "Receiver Fee" that has never appeared on my bill before? I have been staring at my bill for the past week trying to figure out how it went up $16 beyond the $12 for 2 movies I watched on demand. Today I finally realized there is a new charge appearing called a "Receiver Fee". AT&T hits you with a new unannounced $10 Receiver Fee each month. It apparently became effective June 14, 2018, so I was charged with a prorated fee for June, i.e., $6, plus another $10 for July. I have had AT&T service for around 25 yrs., or longer, but I think it is time to dump it, and all cable tv, if they can get away with imposing fees for something new without any regulating authority oversight. Or, maybe I'll switch to WOW or Spectrum!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@Hopalong_1

It may be new to you but it isn't really new.  Did you make any service changes recently?  If so that's what triggered the equipment fee.  The terms of service changed around January 2015.  Charge is $2, $4, $7 or $10 depending on your plan.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Hopalong_1 wrote:

It apparently became effective June 14, 2018, so I was charged with a prorated fee for June, i.e., $6, plus another $10 for July.

Note that the original post is dated Oct. of 2016 so it ain't new at all.  

AS stated, there's ALWAYS been receiver charges.  Heck, I've had UV since 2007 and I want to say they were $4 or $6 dollars each back 11 years ago.

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

6 years ago

I've compared my current bill to previous bills and I can say that there has never been a "Receiver Fee". However, I have had an HD fee for well over 15 yrs.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

Then consider yourself lucky.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.