Get the myAT&T app
atrocious's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, November 26th, 2012 10:29 PM

Question about installation

I actually did tech support for uverse for 2 years back when they were using 2wire gateways and what not. My question is this. I live in a home behind a business. We both have the same address but my actual house has a B or D to it. Apt #B or #D. Uverse prem tech said that our service is going through the business so if they cancel their att service it will disconnect ours and we may have issues. Anyone ever heard of something like that? I don't own the business and am in no way affiliated with it. If it's no biggie i won't worry about it but if it is going to cause issues... heh. **oh and i have a regular billing account number but if i click on contact us it sends me to small business support... maybe coincidence but just thought i'd throw that in.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Can't see where that would be correct.  As long as you have a seperate unit number as in your example "B" or "D" it shouldn't matter what "A", "C", or E, F, G, H or even the main business does.

That would be like in my office building where we all have the same address 2929 Any Street, Suite 100 thru 120 are on the first floor and 200 thru 230 are on the second floor so if anyone in any suite disconnected service then mine would be disconnected too?  Not a chance.  Trust me.

Now the entry cable might be in the main business and then cables to the units feed from there but if they cancelled service that would have no effect on your service.  Two seperate account numbers with two seperate addresses.

No need to worry. 

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

atrocious - If you worked for U-verse you must have seed some crazy things, like this.

Do you have POTS or just U-verse??

Seems like you should have your own NID. If you need a NID & have POTS, that may be the best path.

Did you check the billing records to make sure the apt is included.
Those are probably the only ywo things tyou can do to try to head off a problem. Hard to say which will be more difficult woek it now or after a service interruption.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the reply. Figured as much but just checking, you never know.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.