Get the myAT&T app
enigma_1's profile

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

Thursday, May 9th, 2013 3:53 PM

Payment Options

Just to make sure I'm correctly understanding the payment options ...

If my bill were due today, could I go online and schedule 1/2 the amount due to be paid from my checking account today and the other 1/2  on a specified date two or so weeks later? Do I assume correctly that the 2nd payment would have to be paid before the start of the next billing cycle?

Additionally, when a future payment is scheduled with Payment Options will AT&T automatically pull my payment from my checking account on that date or is another action required by me?

I thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

This is a great question enigma_1. You can request a partial payment arrangement. Visit Payment Arrangements for full details on your options.   Or view payment options here.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

It it was due today, partial payment would cause you to be in arrears if you paid the rest later, after the due date.  Might be shutdown for late pay. 

Best to call and tell them and set-up a payment plan. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

You can make the partial payment today and make the rest of it at a later date as long as there is no scheduled date for your service to be interrupted.  But you will incur a late payment fee.

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

11 years ago

@RCSMG wrote:

You can make the partial payment today and make the rest of it at a later date as long as there is no scheduled date for your service to be interrupted.  But you will incur a late payment fee.

Late payment fee? Isn't the payment for one month in advance? If paid in full before 30 days past due isn't the payment technically on time?

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

@enigma_1 wrote:

@RCSMG wrote:

Late payment fee? Isn't the payment for one month in advance? If paid in full before 30 days past due isn't the payment technically on time?

They prorate your first month payment, but when you get your bill full payment is due by the payment due date.  Once you make that first payment then your bill will be for that month's service.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

11 years ago

@enigma_1 wrote:

@RCSMG wrote:

To elaborate on RCSMG's response: If your bill prints on 5/1, it is for service from 5/1 to 5/31 and the due date is probably about 5/23. Your bill is printed for the month in advance, but by the time it comes due, it is toward the end of the cycle you're paying for.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I still need to pay

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.