Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Partial-month or prorated charge on your bill

Highlighted
Community Support

Partial-month or prorated charge on your bill

Prorated Charges are partial monthly charges incurred anytime you make changes to the products and services on your AT&T account. For simplicity's sake, we recommend that any plan changes or new services start at the beginning of your next bill cycle. If changes must go into effect mid-cycle, you will see a proration on your bill.

Proration divides the charges on your bill proportionally, so you're only charged for whatever portion of the regular monthly service you used.

Reasons for proration

• Your monthly service bills one month in advance. Adding a new service or changing an existing service shows as charges for the current month (i.e., a partial month of service) as well as a full month of charges for the upcoming month of service.
  • When combining bills, your first bill may have prorated charges to adjust for the timing of two different bill cycles into one bill.

Important Note

Your first bill reflects charges for a partial month of service as well as a full month of charges for the upcoming month. Future bills should be consistent with your expectations.

For additional information on billing-related items such as fees, taxes, and surcharges, visit the online Billing Glossary.

If you have any further issues regarding your first bill (or not fully understanding your bill), feel free to contact ATTCustomerCare.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 5
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Support
Accepted by ATTU-verseCare
‎10-05-2015 12:15 PM

Re: Partial-month or prorated charge on your bill

Prorated Charges are partial monthly charges incurred anytime you make changes to the products and services on your AT&T account. For simplicity's sake, we recommend that any plan changes or new services start at the beginning of your next bill cycle. If changes must go into effect mid-cycle, you will see a proration on your bill.

Proration divides the charges on your bill proportionally, so you're only charged for whatever portion of the regular monthly service you used.

To learn about prorated charges and how they are incurred when changes are made in the middle of a billing cycle, check out the video above.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny how that is always in your favor, as in I am billed for the month of June (for you bill a month ahead of time) and there are prorated charges for a promotion that expires on June 21st.  So I call to get a new promotional fee, for your service is marginal at best and I am not going to pay full rate if I can help it.  This is on June 13th.  And I am told that I cannot get a new rate until after June 21st, if there is one even available.  So, you can charge me for June 21st - 30th at full price, but you cannot give me a new promotion that will start on the 22nd and give me a credit???? It is ridiculous!!!!

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Never been so disappointed. ... Its enough almost to make u wanna switch... Everything I was told about if I switched hasnt been true! So frustrating 😠😠😠😠 I aint referring nobody to this service until I see progress other wise ...
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

For the second month in a row I've been fully billed for 2 services (switched from DirecTV to UVerse and they're still billing me for DTV - I've called multiple times).

AT&T thinks it's ok to bill me and expect me to pay $1000 total in the 2 billing cycles to only send me a refund in 2-3 weeks after I pay via the mail.

I'm not some pleb and understand the concept of the future value of money.

ABSOLUTE garbage!

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support