Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Over billed?

Contributor

Over billed?

I'm wondering if it is standard practice for AT&T to charge the full $92 monthly rate for 1.5 days of service. The technician wasn't even finished installing my service until 4:00 pm on 6/29 yet I was charged the full months worth of service. Had this been made clear I would have had service set up on the 1st of July instead. Very poor customer service. Additionally I was told by the sales rep when setting up that there were no equipment fees, yet on my bill I'm clearly being charged equipment fees making my bill be higher than what I thought I was originally agreeing to. On top of this it seems like my bill will be going up another $10 at the end of June when the HD technology fee promotional period ends. At no point was I made aware this rate would only last one month until I received my first bill, bringing my bill to almost $20 more per month than what I was being made to believe I had signed up for.
Message 1 of 24
Mentor

Re: Over billed?

So yesterday, I spent another hour on the phone, telling them I have been
overcharged $450 over last 6 months. Anna from Arizona in Retention
department told me she could only start giving me the price you promised
months ago, starting now, and give me only a $100 credit. I need a credit
of at least $400 since this is what AT&T told me they would charge me. Do
you not honor the contract? You have a recorded conversation of the offer
and agreement. I told her that was unacceptable and she told me a
supervisor would call me in about a half hour. Of course, no call! She also
didn't tell me that by giving me the $110 deal last night she was going to
take away channels and slow down the internet speed. Unbelievable customer
service!

Message 16 of 24
ACE - Expert

So you were overcharged $75 a month and only noticed after 6 months?

Caveat Emptor.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 24
Mentor

No, I have called and talked to them five times now over the last 6 months, about once a month. Each time nicely told that the billing issue would be fixed and I would get the right price. I was just saying yesterday I was on the phone AGAIN for like the 6th hour long call this last six months. I can only handle calling about once a month, I don't want to make a living out of calling them up and recomplaining about the same thin.Transferred to three departments, starting over each time, then told a supervisor will call you back in half an hour, nope no call.

Message 18 of 24
Mentor

So Skeeter you don't think the service provider has any responsibility in giving promised services, it's the customer's responsibility to make sure they get what was offered. You must be a paid shill for the company to be commenting on here. What did I do wrong as a customer if they said "we'll give you service for $110 "and I said "ok, do it" and then they sent me a bill for $190. Caveat Emptor is before the sale anyway, and I contacted them immediatelly plus the two months they begged me to wait after installation for the websites and billing to combine. Still 0 RESULTS.

Message 19 of 24
Teacher

I have been requesting that ATT correct my bill for seven months.  Lots of false promises.  I just don't have the energy to call again and explain what I have explained for seven months.  I know you haven't done a thing wrong.  Good luck with this. 

Message 20 of 24
Contributor

good, sign me up
Message 21 of 24
Contributor

I have unlimited data for 2 phones. It started on the 8th of September. Now att is saying I owe over a $1000 dollars for what amounts to 18 days (from August 20th to September 8th). They called me several times.when I returned there calls they informed me that I owed nothing. Then I get a disconnection notice in the mail. I called them back, now theyou say I have an over due bill. They also said it is due to data usage overrun. I'm trying to get a breakdown of they usage for that period but I cannot find it. What is going on here!!! 

Message 22 of 24
Contributor

I have been with at&t for many years,no problums till combined with direct tv,have had nothing but a nightmare with billing for the last nine months,Was late in oct.2016,but caught it up week later.ever since its a problem,my cells=no problem,uverese=no problem,direct tv thru att&t=major problem,i had requested 8months ago to change my billing for 23rd-28th due to we get ss/disability,no problem,if they would have done it,as I have to call every month and every month I am lied to.So I got all copys of bills,att and direct tv,and yes I am paid up and over paid up also,i am so sick of having to call every month and be told they have no copy of bill being paid,thats bull----! why can't these people (some not all) just do there job,i have plenty cust.serv. reps tell me they see my bills are up to date.got a supervisor today,thinking I would get to the bottom of this with out having to take all my documents to social media,fb,local tv or to an attorney,but she said she could find nothing saying I paid,dam,my bank statement says different,and their billing don't match either. I find it hard to believe I'm the only one they are doing this to,i know I'm not as several of their c.s. reps told me I was not alone.Got a call saying unless I paid 157.00 today,service would be turned off,really??? I'm paid up,,,,,i also let the supervisor know if my sevice gets turned off,i will seek to get back all I was over charged,so its on,now looking for others they are doing this to,this is wrong to do ,but they get away with it,not from me any more. 

Message 23 of 24

Hello is there someone I can talk with regarding my bill? It keeps going up every month

Message 24 of 24
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support