For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
BruceOhio's profile

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Monday, May 8th, 2017 10:38 PM

New Secret ATT Service

I called ATT Today about their uVerse internet options.  I also have the uVerse 200 program.  I was told... "Hey we have a brand new uVerse service that you cannot access.  I can switch you today!   Lower costs! Faster Speeds!  But you have to cancel you current uVerse account and create a brand new account.  You must return all equipment and you will have a new wifi password and also will lose all of your DVR videos.  Seriously?  A new secret uVerse service that is no where to be found except if you call?   Anyone know what may be going on here?  Anyone at ATT wish to comment?  My zip is 44145.

Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

Sounds like the CS person just wanted (needed?) to sign up a new customer.

Employee

• 

540 Messages

7 years ago

What internet speed are you on currently?

I have been seeing a lot of new speed tiers roll out lately. 50mbps x 10mbps for example, where it would have historically been 45mbps. Perhaps they were referring to that.

But yeah, you would (should) keep your equipment. Creating a new account number should be more than enough to lock in promo rates, without the hassle of swapping every piece of equipment.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

I have the 18mb package but was not happy with the cost of 45mb.  I had an offer from ACN (who resells uVerse internet) for 50mb and asked the CS how ACN can sell 50mb but that does not appear on my uVerse upgrade option. Then the fun began. 

The CS person said that indeed there is a NEW 50mb offering as part of a whole new ATT system. He quoted a new 50mb (10mb upload) for $30/mth plus said I could save $45/mth on uVerse 200 but the only way was to a) cancel my account altogether b) return all equipment including TV boxes and c) start from scratch ....all because this mysterious new offering was only available in that method.   It sounds fishy to me . 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

Makes you wonder if they're referencing this

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

You know I had heard that uVerse was being discontinued in favor of DirectTV  so that is exactly what I thought but the CS did not mention installing any satellite dish.  My understanding is DirectTV requires a dish does it not?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

Yes, BUT....it would square up with the requirement of sending in your Uverse equipment, becoming a new customer and getting 50mg internet.

It's what they call "Lying by omission".  Smiley Mad

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

7 years ago

I could see the 100 Mbps FIBER option coming into play here.  You would have to disconnect and reconnect to switch to direct fiber.

Or the CSR could have been going rogue and disconnecting our OP and signing him up under a new customer promotion.

BTW, AT&T has still not announced any end for U-verse TV.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you!   My biggest concern is being able to maintain my current email addresses @ att.net      all of my accounts everywhere are ties to two email addresses. I can live with 1 day disruption but if emails change or are gone then this won't work for me.   Thanks again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.