Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Need to cancel TV but keep internet

Highlighted
Contributor

Need to cancel TV but keep internet

I currently have Uverse 200 along with ATT internet. I want to cancel my TV service but keep the internet. What’s the best way to make this happen?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Need to cancel TV but keep internet

Call billing (800-288-2020).  Note, if you are currently on a tv promotion you may incur early termination fees.  Billing can also specify that info and how much it would be.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Rexfarrer
‎12-14-2017 11:33 PM

Promotion? No, just cancel TV (requires calling during normal business hours) internet stays at full retail price.

Promotion? Yes, each service has a $180 Early Termination Fee pro rated $15 per month, thus $15* number of months remaining in promotion is the IPTV ETF.

Additional lose all discounts on remaining service (s), internet goes to full retail price.

Example: have a new customer promotion from say May 2017 of U200 TV with internet (up to 50M) for $100 plus taxes/ fees.

Would owe ETF ($15*5) or $75 to cancel TV. The $30 bundle internet would go to $60 a month plus any fees/taxes on internet.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

Data usage may not be a factor but you will no longer have unlimited data which is included when you bundled with your TV service.

"...if you purchase DIRECTV or U-verse TV service with your Internet service on a combined bill, you will receive an unlimited usage allowance."

AT&T Internet Usage Explained

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support