Need help with adding a router to an existing Uverse setup

Need help with adding a router to an existing Uverse setup

Hello - long story but I will try to keep it short. I need to add a router to my computers built-in Ethernet port. I use Uverse wireless for Internet - my Dell has both the wireless and the built-in Ethernet ports. Once the router is connected I loose the Internet. If I hover my pointer over the wireless connection it states I am connect and that I have wireless Internet but the Browser just stalls and will not load.

I have tried two different routers and the result is the same.

Why ????????????

Message 1 of 16 (2,133 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Need help with adding a router to an existing Uverse setup

gregzoll_1 wrote:

You are not setting up ICS.  ICS Service has to be 'Enabled' in Manual mode in Services.msc, in order for this to work.  If it is off, it will not work with Windows 7/8.

I run a laptop running Windows 7 with a wired connection to a robot and one of two different wireless connections all the time without any ICS service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 16 (1,958 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support