Get the myAT&T app
Cornerstone-LLC's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, February 26th, 2013 1:31 AM

Need help with adding a router to an existing Uverse setup

Hello - long story but I will try to keep it short. I need to add a router to my computers built-in Ethernet port. I use Uverse wireless for Internet - my Dell has both the wireless and the built-in Ethernet ports. Once the router is connected I loose the Internet. If I hover my pointer over the wireless connection it states I am connect and that I have wireless Internet but the Browser just stalls and will not load.

I have tried two different routers and the result is the same.

Why ????????????

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

ICS. fat fingers, small keyboard on iphone.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

LOL!

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

I don't understand why would he want to set up ICS?  He just wants to use the printer as a peripheral.

Change the 168.x.x.x address on the PC to 192.168.2.2 with a netmask of 255.255.255.0.  Change the address on the Printer to 192.168.2.3 with a netmask of 255.255.255.0.  Ping printer from PC and get response.  Voila.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Success

I set the printer as a static IP of 192.168.2.101 and set the PC with a static IP of 192.168.2.100. Pinged the printer and received the normal reply.... no loss - no error.

Tried the Internet - internet works just fine off of the wireless connection.

Did numerous prints to the printer and all printed as expected.

All of the above being done with the crossover cable direct from PC to Xerox printer.

Kudos to all who helped with this project and thanks for your patience.

CornerstoneLLC

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

@gregzoll_1 wrote:

You are not setting up ICS.  ICS Service has to be 'Enabled' in Manual mode in Services.msc, in order for this to work.  If it is off, it will not work with Windows 7/8.

I run a laptop running Windows 7 with a wired connection to a robot and one of two different wireless connections all the time without any ICS service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.