Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Moving, temporary hold vs. cancel

Tutor

Moving, temporary hold vs. cancel

I have seen this question posted but have a nuance.  I am moving and living at my in-laws house for a few months.  We will be moving to a neighborhood that does have uverse (within Houston).  Is there a way to move and put the service in limbo?  I'd like to continue the service, in a few months, to an address that I am not sure of yet.  Is it best to cancel and restart or put on vacation hold?  If on vacation hold, will the people who bought my house be able to install phone and internet service to my current/old house while my service is "on vacation"?  I have a few email sub-accounts that I don't want to lose.  My email account is "@att.net", is that under threat at all if I cancel?

Thanks,

Chris

Houston, TX

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Moving, temporary hold vs. cancel

Vacation hold means it is just 'paused' at the same address so you don't want to do that.

You'll have to cancel the account at your old  address an start anew at the new address.  The good news is that you might qualify for new customer discounts.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Tutor

Re: Moving, temporary hold vs. cancel

Thank you so much for this.  I appreciate the help.

Chris

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support