Moving service.

Contributor

Moving service.

I have tried and tried now to move my service to a new home, have spent countless hours on the phone with ATT over the past two weeks and no one seems to be able to resolve my issue.  The problem is that the previous tenant where I'm moving to, is a deadbeat and didn't bother to disconnect his ATT service before or after he was evicted.  He actually moved out 2 weeks ago and I'm scheduled to move into the home in 2 days.  I've been trying to get ATT to set up my service there for 2 weeks, calling every day or every other day, but always getting nowhere.  They first told me they need to contact the Property manager to make sure he has indeed moved out, which they did.  Now they are telling me that they need to send him a letter and wait for him to respond for 7 days.  Of course the letter will come to me because I will be living in the house and he didn't bother to forward his mail.  Now I'll be moving into a new home with no Internet connection and no TV.  I can survive without the TV, but I work from home and need the Internet to work from day 1.  Has anyone ever had this problem and is there a work around?

Thanks, 

AriehW

Message 1 of 2 (123 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Moving service.

[ Edited ]

It is true that when there is an open account at an address, a new account cannot be connected.

In the case where someone left the residence with an account open, they need written notice from the landlord, or some similar authority, that the old occupant has left that address, just to be sure that you have the correct service address, etc.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (122 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support