Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Moving out of apartment and need to put account on hold for several months

Contributor

Moving out of apartment and need to put account on hold for several months

So I am moving out of my apartment at the end of the month. I do not move into my new apartment until the beginning of the new year. Which is a month away. Is there a way for me to put my account on "HOLD" and pay a small fee or do I just do the Moving to new address and schedule for the installation and pay a full months bill when I am not using the service? 

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Employee
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎11-26-2018 4:44 PM

Vacation hold, $7 per month per service is one answer to your question, but not the correct answer.

A vacation hold or a move order not be installing till later hurts whoever is moving in as they cannot order and have service installed as your account is still active at old address.... One account only per address. 

The correct solution is to cancel your service, pay the $15 per month remaining ETF, return gateway via UPS or FedEx.

When moving into next address become a new customer, receive new customer 12 month promotion including REWARD CARD and a new or refurb gateway. The downside is will pay $99 installation when establishing new service while a move order would have no $99 charge. I would consider, if receive $100 Reward Card as new customer and pay $99 installation fee, your in essence getting the free install as if moved service. Thus the real out of pocket (OOP) cost is the $15 per month ETF, how does that compare to paying for a month of service you would not use? If paying $40 a month for internet with 3 months remaining (3x15) have ETF of $45 your actual difference would be $5 OOP.

Just my thoughts....

Edit... If have TV and internet each has separate $180 ETF pro rated $15 per month, but then both your monthly rate would be higher than $40 and the reward card(s) offer would also be higher.

You can do the math or post the numbers of monthly cost and time remaining if like a quick check....

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

To mythoughts,

I have AT&T U-verse TV U200 and Internet 18 and I have just payed off my bill of $167.50. What is ETF?

Message 3 of 4
Employee

ETF is Early Termination Fee, if your in a promotion, normally 12 months. Receiving a monthly discount for service(s) there is a $180 ETF 30 days after install. For each month you keep the service the amount is reduced $15 (12x15=180).

If you are receiving no discounts, paying full price there would be no ETF owed.

Standard pricing 

U200 $92, add HD channels +$10 for $102. Extra receivers $10 each.

Depending on your internet speed tier $40 or $50 with $10 bundle discount would be $30 or $40.

Add below line fees/taxes for $20 puts you around your price.

Big advantage to cancel and become new customer... The same package for 1 tv is $100 for 12 months with taxes and fees about $120. Big disadvantage, lose all recordIngs sending DVR back plus future scheduled as would be a different account number. Promos will change by then but currently would be eligible for $100 Reward Card.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support