Internet Equipment fee increase?

Contributor

Internet Equipment fee increase?

My high speed internet equipment fee went from $6 to $7 without notice.  Anyone else?  What's up with this? o.O

I can't find anything anywhere about it...

Message 1 of 5 (2,702 Views)
Employee
Solution
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM (Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Internet Equipment fee increase?

This was posted back in December on billing and website.

Tv packages going up $3, all internet packages going up $5, local tv access up $1 to $2.99
Hsia fees up $1 to $7 grandfathered plans up $2 (from,2 to 4), extra receivers up $1 to $8,

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB418359&cv=813
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (2,694 Views)
Employee

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (2,693 Views)
Contributor

I just reconciled this increase this month.  +$1 for internet Equipment, +$3 for U300.  This was offset in my Promotional Credit with a $-4 additional credit during the remainder of the promotion period.  Neutral for now, except...

The issue I have is that each additional box also went up $+1 ea.  I've got 4 add on boxes, and these increases were not protected by the contract promotional rate for some reason.  This doesn't seem fair.  I thought the entire package was on promo price protection.  I suppose if the additional boxes are not on the 2-year contract, then they each can be returned any time soon and eliminated from the bill without issues or penalties... TBD?  Good to know, because it turns out I'm not using one of them any more.

Message 4 of 5 (2,480 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by skeeterintexas (ACE - Master)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

camdenjl wrote:

I just reconciled this increase this month.  +$1 for internet Equipment, +$3 for U300.  This was offset in my Promotional Credit with a $-4 additional credit during the remainder of the promotion period.  Neutral for now, except...

The issue I have is that each additional box also went up $+1 ea.  I've got 4 add on boxes, and these increases were not protected by the contract promotional rate for some reason.  This doesn't seem fair.  I thought the entire package was on promo price protection.  I suppose if the additional boxes are not on the 2-year contract, then they each can be returned any time soon and eliminated from the bill without issues or penalties... TBD?  Good to know, because it turns out I'm not using one of them any more.

The promotional rate includes only the DVR. Additional STBs are paid at current rates (assuming you don't have a free STB promo).

Yes, you can return a STB at anytime. Just call customer service and they'll turn it off and give you shipping instructions.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5 (2,461 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support