Get the myAT&T app
Tigerbite's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 7th, 2014 3:44 AM

Closed

Internet Equipment fee increase?

My high speed internet equipment fee went from $6 to $7 without notice.  Anyone else?  What's up with this? o.O

I can't find anything anywhere about it...

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@camdenjl wrote:

I just reconciled this increase this month.  +$1 for internet Equipment, +$3 for U300.  This was offset in my Promotional Credit with a $-4 additional credit during the remainder of the promotion period.  Neutral for now, except...

The issue I have is that each additional box also went up $+1 ea.  I've got 4 add on boxes, and these increases were not protected by the contract promotional rate for some reason.  This doesn't seem fair.  I thought the entire package was on promo price protection.  I suppose if the additional boxes are not on the 2-year contract, then they each can be returned any time soon and eliminated from the bill without issues or penalties... TBD?  Good to know, because it turns out I'm not using one of them any more.

The promotional rate includes only the DVR. Additional STBs are paid at current rates (assuming you don't have a free STB promo).

Yes, you can return a STB at anytime. Just call customer service and they'll turn it off and give you shipping instructions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I just reconciled this increase this month.  +$1 for internet Equipment, +$3 for U300.  This was offset in my Promotional Credit with a $-4 additional credit during the remainder of the promotion period.  Neutral for now, except...

The issue I have is that each additional box also went up $+1 ea.  I've got 4 add on boxes, and these increases were not protected by the contract promotional rate for some reason.  This doesn't seem fair.  I thought the entire package was on promo price protection.  I suppose if the additional boxes are not on the 2-year contract, then they each can be returned any time soon and eliminated from the bill without issues or penalties... TBD?  Good to know, because it turns out I'm not using one of them any more.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.