3 Messages

Thursday, May 26th, 2016 4:27 AM

Installation Fee

I was never told about a $99 installation fee

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I ordered the direct tv and Internet. They installed it, but at the AT & T store when I signed up told me(two different people) the fee was only $29.99 due to a special they were offering at that time.. I had to go back the next day to sign up because that was the first day of the special... I am disappointed that I was lied to and mislead. I have been a long time AT & T customer and am really shocked you would use these tactics to get customers to sign up for additional products you offer.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

It was installed at same time. I was never offered to install myself option or ever informed that it was an additional cost.

I should have been informed of this information when I signed up.

Again it feels very unprofessional how this was handled.
As your customer going forward I will have very little confidence on what I am being told.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Same thing happened to us. We were told by our sales agent (chat) that At&t was new to our area and would waive our installation fee if we signed up today. Now there's mysteriously no record of the chat and no notes were made to waive the fee (shocker). We're going to cancel and let them spend their resources chasing down that $99 for wasting our time. Comcast wasn't always the best service but they never tried to swindle us out of $100.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I cancelled my at&t uverse internet with in 20 days and they have put a charge of 120$ for that. When I talk to them , they tell me about $99 for installation which I was never told. Now they are harassing me by calling everyday. Calling AT&T didn't help. What are my options ?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

That is not helping the situation.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I had the same problem. I did the self install at home. I called customer service, I could not get  a signal. So that suggested to send a tech out to my home, at no charge. The tech also came out an told me I did not have a fee. Not only did he say no fees, I had to down grade my internet and pay the same price given before. There is a distance issue from the AT&T tower. Not my fault, but I receive a repair bill of $99. They wouldn't remove the fee, so I'm going to cancel my contract.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

We were with Comcast for over 18 years and decided to change to ATT.  We got the bundle, tv, internet 300.  First of all, we were told that there will not be an installation fee.  When they installed the internet, it didn't work after the tech left.  I called att again, they trouble shoot and no internet.  They sent a second tech, and the internet worked for a little while.  I called  att again, the rep said that they will need to send someone else out and I asked if there  will be a charge?  I was informed that we will not be charged an installation charge.  Finally, the third tech got it right, he sold me a wifi extender as well $49.99.  I get my bill today $423.68 (wow)!  ATT charged us $99 for installation, $49.99 plus other charges.  I call Att and they told me that I owe the $99 and will not take it off.  I told them that somebody is lying.  First the stupid internet didn't work for days and I still get charged for it, then I was lied to by a rep that I would not have to pay a service charge.  I can't understand how can this be.  I thought that their calls were recorded.  What happened to the recorded conversation.  I can see if they told me that up front, I would expect it.  To lie to me and expect me to say well ok youre right, I owe you $99.  We are going back to another company when nightmare is over.  Att is a total ripoff. Be honest, have integrity as a company and maybe more people will  get your service.  Who has over $400+ to give to a company just for internet and tv?  I HATE ATT AT THIS POINT FOR LYING TO ME!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.