Get the myAT&T app
DanaJ15's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, March 24th, 2016 4:38 PM

Closed

Increase monthly charges during a contract

I want to make everyone aware that this company raises your rates with a contract and without notifying you, then wants to charge you a fee to break your contract.  This is not right and my service will be cancelled as soon as my contract is up.

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

8 years ago

Since you are on old ADSL, you do not have any access to what Uverse users see and notices involved w/Uverse service.

When I was on old DSL for 5-6 years or so before Uverse, there was NEVER a price increase in those 5-6 years.  Only thing that changed is, I started w/768 KB Internet and a year or so in, they gave us a 'free' upgrade to 1.5M Internet.

Remembering the old bills there was a page of messages just like on our bills that most people just ignore it and throw away/recycle it. Smiley Surprised

Chris

I'm a DSL customer, and I receive a paper bill and can look at billing on line as well. I certainly never received a speed upgrade from my base 768/128 service in the past several years...LOL Still have the same speed....

But again I have always been very thorough when checking bills and seperate mailings from AT&T and have NEVER EVER received any notice of service cost increases at all.

What do you advise?

Scholar

• 

85 Messages

8 years ago

@ ham3843:

We can all pretend that you are right and everybody else is wrong... But not many people would be fooled by that.

And just because you type words or sentences in ALL CAPS does not make them true.

Realistically speaking, and if you think AT&T would risk subjecting itself t the extra scrutiny as well as to being placed at the mercy of government regulators at the FTC FCC, PUCs of several states, as well as the fines it would be order required to pay for failing to send out notices, then you are only fooling yourself. There is no reason why they would not notify... Its not like its going to remain a secret. If as you should be doing, checking your bill on a monthly basis, then you are bound to see the increase... Add n the fact that you have 30 days from the billing date upon which the increase appeared in your account to contact AT&T and cancel, it would make no sense whatsoever to not notify their customers... But you are free to believe whatever might make you feel better...

Scholar

• 

85 Messages

8 years ago

@ham3843 wrote:

Since you are on old ADSL, you do not have any access to what Uverse users see and notices involved w/Uverse service.

When I was on old DSL for 5-6 years or so before Uverse, there was NEVER a price increase in those 5-6 years.  Only thing that changed is, I started w/768 KB Internet and a year or so in, they gave us a 'free' upgrade to 1.5M Internet.

Remembering the old bills there was a page of messages just like on our bills that most people just ignore it and throw away/recycle it. Smiley Surprised

Chris

I'm a DSL customer, and I receive a paper bill and can look at billing on line as well. I certainly never received a speed upgrade from my base 768/128 service in the past several years...LOL Still have the same speed....

But again I have always been very thorough when checking bills and seperate mailings from AT&T and have NEVER EVER received any notice of service cost increases at all.

What do you advise?

Well, you are free to compain to the Public Utilities commission in your state... I highly doubt that AT&T is obligated to show proof of service to each and evry customer. So the way I suspet this would be handled is if AT&T could show a sampling of theit notice sent out to customers with the same type of account... etc. So not only is it not going to get you anything or anywhere, but the mere suggestion that you are a rare case that has NEVER receved a regulatory required notice..... Story does not sound too realistic... 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@ham3843 wrote:

@ mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

What do you advise?

Are you on old ADSL or Uverse ADSL 2+ Internet?  I had old ADSL starting 12-13 years ago, until I got Uverse in 2008.  There were no Uverse Internet increases this past Feb. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

8 years ago

Time to close this thread.

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

8 years ago

@661Omar wrote:

@ ham3843:

Realistically speaking, and if you think AT&T would risk subjecting itself t the extra scrutiny as well as to being placed at the mercy of government regulators at the FTC FCC, PUCs of several states, as well as the fines it would be order required to pay for failing to send out notices, then you are only fooling yourself. There is no reason why they would not notify... Its not like its going to remain a secret. If as you should be doing, checking your bill on a monthly basis, then you are bound to see the increase... Add n the fact that you have 30 days from the billing date upon which the increase appeared in your account to contact AT&T and cancel, it would make no sense whatsoever to not notify their customers... But you are free to believe whatever might make you feel better...

I'm not implying that is was done deliberately, but like many things at AT&T an error was made and yes, they make errors often.

Why would I be making this situation up? I have nothing to gain from it, I'm just pointing out that AT&T did NOT notify me of two consecutive price increases for my service.  Hopefully they will not make this error in the future.

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

8 years ago

@browndk26 wrote:
Time to close this thread.

Why would that be?

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

8 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

Or maybe you were the ONLY ONE that didn't have that notice included in your bill.  Yeah....maybe that's it.

I'm sure I am NOT the only customer that was not given advance, or any formal notice of price increases. Trust me, the rudeness and sarcasm doesn't make you look good.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

8 years ago

The thread should be closed because it will never be resolved. Att raises the prices every February and informs us of the increases. Att has that right. The op thinks that is a break in his contract. He stills get his discount for the life of the contract so the contract isn't broken.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

@ham3843 wrote:

@skeeterintexas wrote:

Or maybe you were the ONLY ONE that didn't have that notice included in your bill.  Yeah....maybe that's it.

I'm sure I am NOT the only customer that was not given advance, or any formal notice of price increases. Trust me, the rudeness and sarcasm doesn't make you look good.

whatdidido.jpg

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.