Get the myAT&T app
LeahWalker's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 20th, 2013 7:10 PM

Closed

I never received my Rewards Visa Card as was promised.

I'm just wanting to know how I can find information on how to receive my Rewards Visa card I was promised.  It's been quite awhile since we had our Uverse Internet installed, but I haven't received anything. 

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi Mr Irritatated …,

We received your private message, and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks,

Jenn S.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hi marianna,

thanks for responding, however the number does not work. 

where can i access this? im getting frustrated, i specifically posted that the rewards NUMBER and help acess DID not work????

please answer, 

im with these people who are waiting..especially since holidays are coming, i need my rewards!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I also did not receive one of the Visa Rewards Cards I was promised.  I signed up for service in September 2013.  I was pitched with two Visa Rewards cards - one for $150 and one for $200 for signing up for the U-verse bundle.  I received the $150 card in February but never received the $200 card.  I went to the AT&T corporate store who put me on the phone with customer care.  Customer care passed me on to the Rewards Center.  The Rewards Center said that since it was over 120 days since I signed up for service, the rewards were "zeroed out."  They passed me back to customer care (while still at the AT&T store).  Customer care listened to my story, placed me on hold for 10 minutes, then a different person picked up and asked me what was wrong with my U-verse service.  I re-explained the story about receiving only the $150 card and not the $200 card.  They told me I should talk to the Reward Center.  I asked the rep inside the AT&T store if there was a physical address I could write to AT&T about my issue.  He had to ask his manager and then said he manager does not know of any physical address for customer service.  Sounds a lot like the run-around.  I left Charter who offered the same bundle I have with U-verse for less money and an offer to pay any early termination fees.  Also, AT&T raised my equipment charges despite a two-year price commitment.  Must have forgotten to read the fine print.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello gby3,

I'm sorry about the issues with your rewards. In most cases only the reward center can assist with reward cases, but I see that you've sent a private message to our ATTCustomerCare box and one of our managers is investigating it right now, they're our best team and if there is anything that can be done, they'll be able to do it for you.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hm, seems to be a common problem. I have contacted the rewards center on 3 separate occasions to get my $200 rewards card. It's been 6 months, and still no rewards card. Now, on the rewards center, it shows I don't even have a rewards card attached to my account. 

I have sent a private message with full details to customer service. My goodness. I feel like I always have to contact AT&T customer service 3-4 times to get anything done. No matter if its wireless, uverse or rewards center. Very frustrating. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I'm in a similar situation, signed up for UVerse triple play in September, was promised $450 reward cards in total, the phone agent promised to email me a confirmation about the reward card amount but he never did. Installation was on Oct. 1, checked reward site on the 7th, only showing $150. Called multiple times, was told $150 is the only ppromotion in my account

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Will wait few more days. If nothing shows up in att reward site by then, will just cancel the service since I'm still within 30 days free cancellation period, plus Comcast has a pretty enticing offer right now.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I have had the exact same experience as the users mentioned above.

I was promised a 150US$ gift card to switch from comcast to ATT as there is a 150US$ installation fee.

First call (after activation): Yes, you will get 150 US$ but just after we received your payment and 30 days of service.

Second call (2 months after activation): Yes, you will get it, it might take a while

Third call (8 (!) months after activation): Sorry, we cannot send you your rewards card unless you sign up for another service (????)

My wife spent over 1 hour on the phone to get this feedback on the third call..

By the way our connection is also really bad, we have a contract for 3Mbps but have barely 1.5 Mbps but we can also not reduce our rate, even though it was even recommended by the AT&T service that visited our place.. (????)

I will call myself tomorrow and make sure that there is no misunderstanding, because I cannot imagine that AT&T is promising users rewards and intentionally does not send them out which would basically be a scam. It must be just poor operation.

Anyway, I will post an update tomorrow after the call, but an advice for ANYONE CONSIDERING TO SWITCH TO ATT, BE AWARE THAT YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU GET WHAT YOU ARE PROMISED AND THAT THE QUALITY OF THE SERVICE (INTERNET CONNECTION) MIGHT BE WORSE THAN YOU EXPECT   

PS if you want to have a username that includes "FRUSTRATED" you will find out that 

a) all the usernames with random combination of numbers FRUSTRATED123 or FRUSTRATED007 have been taken

b) that FRUSTRATED in the username is not permitted (anymore?)

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

9 years ago

@FRUSTRATE94133 wrote:

I have had the exact same experience as the users mentioned above.

I was promised a 150US$ gift card to switch from comcast to ATT as there is a 150US$ installation fee.

First call (after activation): Yes, you will get 150 US$ but just after we received your payment and 30 days of service.

Second call (2 months after activation): Yes, you will get it, it might take a while

Third call (8 (!) months after activation): Sorry, we cannot send you your rewards card unless you sign up for another service (????)

My wife spent over 1 hour on the phone to get this feedback on the third call..

By the way our connection is also really bad, we have a contract for 3Mbps but have barely 1.5 Mbps but we can also not reduce our rate, even though it was even recommended by the AT&T service that visited our place.. (????)

I will call myself tomorrow and make sure that there is no misunderstanding, because I cannot imagine that AT&T is promising users rewards and intentionally does not send them out which would basically be a scam. It must be just poor operation.

Anyway, I will post an update tomorrow after the call, but an advice for ANYONE CONSIDERING TO SWITCH TO ATT, BE AWARE THAT YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU GET WHAT YOU ARE PROMISED AND THAT THE QUALITY OF THE SERVICE (INTERNET CONNECTION) MIGHT BE WORSE THAN YOU EXPECT   

PS if you want to have a username that includes "FRUSTRATED" you will find out that 

a) all the usernames with random combination of numbers FRUSTRATED123 or FRUSTRATED007 have been taken

b) that FRUSTRATED in the username is not permitted (anymore?)

Have you tried the ATT Reward Center?

If not give it a look.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, indeed I tried to log in to my reward center which I cannot as no account seems to be associated with my account?? Also, my wife called reward center..

Anyway i will also send a mail to customer care..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.