Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How to stop getting spam *from AT&T*??

Tutor

How to stop getting spam *from AT&T*??

I received an email that is actually from AT&T (the verified sender) with the subject "Get Schooled on Year-Round Digital Safety" from AT&T Internet Service Customer Care <noreply@online.att-mail.com>.  AT&T is trying to convince its customers to install the awful McAfee "internet security suite" software because McAfee is paying AT&T to promote it.

This is just spam.  From AT&T.  And there is no unsubscribe link.  How do we make AT&T stop spamming their own customers?

This is why I can't wait until Google Fiber is ready here... 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: How to stop getting spam *from AT&T*??

As you have an ongoing business relationship with AT&T, and this e-mail could be construed as advising you of the included benefits of the service they provide, i.e. is service related, I don't think any rational court would find this to be SPAM.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Expert

@orrd101 wrote:

I received an email that is actually from AT&T (the verified sender) with the subject "Get Schooled on Year-Round Digital Safety" from AT&T Internet Service Customer Care <noreply@online.att-mail.com>.  AT&T is trying to convince its customers to install the awful McAfee "internet security suite" software because McAfee is paying AT&T to promote it.

This is just spam.  From AT&T.  And there is no unsubscribe link.  How do we make AT&T stop spamming their own customers?

This is why I can't wait until Google Fiber is ready here... 

Try here:

http://www.att.com/gen/privacy-policy?pid=24339 Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATTUverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

@mibrnsurg wrote:

Try here:

http://www.att.com/gen/privacy-policy?pid=24339 Smiley Wink

Chris

I do not think that AT&T considers this advertising or that it will be blocked by any of these e-mail preference settings.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
ACE - Master

This link looks to be available to unsubscribe from marketing emails:

https://myaccount.bellsouth.com/apps/eods/unSubscribePreferences.do

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support