Get the myAT&T app
Anthony_1's profile

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

Friday, January 4th, 2013 1:38 PM

How do you stop AT&T from calling ON the billing due date to remind me the bill is due.

I pay my bill electronically through e-bill service to be paid on the due date, which will post by the end of the day. I would not mind a reminder call AFTER the due date, but to call before the payment has posted at the end of the due date is annoying. I don't feel I should lose a day of interest by paying the bill a day before the due date.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

11 years ago

I got another call today 02/01/2013, this time I stayed on the line and listened to the whole message and found out to be removed from further phone reminders press #5. Now why didn't CS know this?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

11 years ago

You must have (inadvertently) requested a reminder phone call. 

I've got ATT cell phone and Uverse internet/TV/phone and pay my bills electronically via my bank for many, many years and have never received a phone call.  I also pay ON the due date and not before unless it's a weekend or holiday. 

I've never received a phone call.  You should check your settings via the internet or call CS.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

I've had UVerse for 3 years and never recieved a phone call either.

Guru

• 

1K Messages

11 years ago

Likewise, I have never received a phone call--only reminder emails when my bill is ready.

docbombay

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

11 years ago

I did call CS and was told that this is and automated call and there is no way CS can turn it off.

I checked my settings and found this in billing notifications.

"Your account is enrolled in Paperless Billing, requiring you to receive the Bill Ready Notification"

I do receive an e-bill notifications and I could not find anywhere to turn off the phone calls.

These calls only started in November. This could be coming to your area soon.

My next call will be to customer retention and see if they want to keep me as a customer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Anthony_1 - It seems to me that you enjoy the confrontation on a non-issue.

The easy solution is to pay the bill before the due date. But, you say you do not want to lose even a days interest.

Are you aware of the current interest rates?? A "good" rate is one-half percent a year. This "earns" you pennies a month on tens of thousands of dollars.

You can pay the bill on the day you get it and not see any difference in your earned interest.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

I'm sure if you were getting these calls every month you might have a different opinion.  I don't typically pay my bill until the day it's due either, but I'm not getting annoying phone calls either.  In my case it has nothing to do with interest, it has is due to how paychecks fall and scheduling of other bills.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I never get calls, and I float a month of billing at least 15 days past the end of the billing date. Now, if you are 30 to 45 days behind, then you start getting reminder calls, and a CSR from the department that handles past due accounts, to try and figure out what is going on, and see if they can work with the customer to make arrangements.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for posting, that info will be helpful for other people with the same issue.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I agree with this post. I do not appreciate ATT&T contacting me about my bill before it is even due.  STOP!!!!!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.