Get the myAT&T app
timmonday's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 16th, 2014 8:00 PM

Good-bye Uverse

Been a member of Uverse for 3 years with U300, Phone, and MaxPlus.  Spent the last 3 days trying to get with ANYONE that could help discuss option to change to internet only.  My plan was increasing by $41/mo with discounts expiring so wanted to try the option to move to just internet (and no, did not want to play the escalation game to keep same rate...really wanted to drop TV and phone)

I saw all the promotions to get MaxPlus for $35 or less, and even new customer offer for that rate plus standard TV which is what I wanted to do.

After waiting for ATT Support system to come back online (was told to call back in 1 hour), I finally reached someone and explained I wanted just internet only.  For same speed they quoted me $69!!!  I said whoa, I want the $35 deal.  They said sorry, but they could drop to $64 only!!

I am a sucker, I probably could have been convinced to keep existing plan or something similar, but she would not have it.

Good-bye Uverse and ATT for at least a year.  Switching to another provider with a 50MBPS deal for cheaper price and free Dell Laptop (that I dont need).

I really enjoyed my Uverse experience and defintely recommend to others who want TV/Phone/Internet package.  But I am going to try cheap IP phone, high speed internet and drop cable TV.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Did you call 1-800-288-2020 and say "Cancel my service?"  If not, that will get you to retentions and they usually offer you an incredible deal, especially if you say Time warnercastdishdirect (whatever) has a great deal. 

Good luck with your new provider - if you still are considering AT&T, you could send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@timmonday wrote:

Been a member of Uverse for 3 years with U300, Phone, and MaxPlus.  Spent the last 3 days trying to get with ANYONE that could help discuss option to change to internet only.  My plan was increasing by $41/mo with discounts expiring so wanted to try the option to move to just internet (and no, did not want to play the escalation game to keep same rate...really wanted to drop TV and phone)

I saw all the promotions to get MaxPlus for $35 or less, and even new customer offer for that rate plus standard TV which is what I wanted to do.

After waiting for ATT Support system to come back online (was told to call back in 1 hour), I finally reached someone and explained I wanted just internet only.  For same speed they quoted me $69!!!  I said whoa, I want the $35 deal.  They said sorry, but they could drop to $64 only!!

I am a sucker, I probably could have been convinced to keep existing plan or something similar, but she would not have it.

Good-bye Uverse and ATT for at least a year.  Switching to another provider with a 50MBPS deal for cheaper price and free Dell Laptop (that I dont need).

I really enjoyed my Uverse experience and defintely recommend to others who want TV/Phone/Internet package.  But I am going to try cheap IP phone, high speed internet and drop cable TV.

You did what you have to do to get want you want: If you want to constantly be a new customer, you'll have to constantly change to different providers. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Update.

You are correct....called to cancel the line and they connected me with Customer Service in Indianapolis and got a good deal.  So, staying with Uverse.  Wasted a lot of time, but overall happy I don't have to switch providers.

So, running with Internet only now...TV over the air (w/ Netflix, Amazon Prime, AppleTV),  and Ooma IP phone ($45/yr).  I cut the cable cord...but may be back once football starts.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.