Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Go back from U200 to U-family.

Highlighted
Mentor

Go back from U200 to U-family.

Hi. I recently had my land line phone moved to Uverse voice and in the process also had moved from U-family to U200 while speaking with the AT&T representative who handled the transfer. I must admit that misunderstood the offer of the U200 upgrade and I now wish I was back with U-Family which I was very pleased with when I first ordered Uverse.  What must I do to transfer back and what is the fee to make the change? It has been less that 30 days. Thanks.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert

Re: Go back from U200 to U-family.

@jguske, you have made a post an a public forum provided for AT&T users to communicate with other AT&T users. While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, you should have no expectation that any particular action will come from such a post.

You should instead click this Customer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request to revert your service tier. You can expect a reply via return PM (the envelope in the upper right corner of this site, next to your avatar) in a business day or three. You can speed things up by including your name, Billing Account Number and the best way and time to reach you in that Private Message (not in an open post or reply).

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9
Mentor

Thanks @ . I will do as you suggested. I thought it was an interesting topic that others might want to comment on.

Message 3 of 9
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by jguske
‎06-05-2017 1:35 PM

Are you a new customer? New BAN number, with all new equipment or...

Existing customer? Same BAN number, same DVR, have all your recordings

Does it make a difference? Possibly as NEW customer ALL IN promotion (24 months)  are different from previous past years RETENTION offers (12 months) Lowering the service(s) is considered breaking the bundle.

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.uverseAttTermsOfService.html

From section 4...

Changes to Fees and Charges.

If you signed up for Services for a specified term, you agree that if you cancel your plan before the end of the term, you will pay any applicable Early Termination Fee. At the conclusion of your term, AT&T will automatically begin charging the applicable month-to-month fee. If you purchased the Services as part of a bundled offering with one or more other products and are receiving a discount based upon that bundled offering, your discount may cease and you may be billed the standard monthly rate for the Services if you change or disconnect one or more of the services in the applicable bundle. AT&T may, upon notice required by applicable laws, at any time change the amount of or basis for determining any fee or charge or institute new fees or charges.

... From section 5...

Promotions and Contingent Benefits.

You may receive or be eligible for certain discounts, features, promotions, and other benefits associated with your purchase of the Services as offered to you in marketing and informational materials, on the AT&T U-verse website, or in other materials ("Benefits"). Any and all such Benefits are provided to you so long as you continue to meet qualification requirements; provided, however, such Benefits may be modified or terminated at any time as set forth in these TOS or if you change your Services after installation. Unless otherwise set forth in Benefits materials, standard monthly rates will be charged at the conclusion of the Benefits period or when you no longer qualify for the Benefits.

Conclusion: there may be a downgrade fee (first 30 days) but will need to contact SALES to write a new promotion.

If call 1-800-288-2020 (support) line, downgrading package means losing all discounts, back to paying full retail prices for services. 

The U200 includes NEWS ( channels 200 and above) along with sports (channels 600 and above).

There are a few family friendly (children's) channels in ufamily and HMM (366) not included in U200.

Retail price Ufamily $69, U200 $88, includes DVR, HD +$10, each additional receiver +$10.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 9
Mentor

Thanks @ . I am a new customer. This was just the information I was looking for.  I completely understand now the situation. I had a U-Family bundle when I first signed up and now I have agreed to U-200 bundle with the same type of discounts applied previously plus a phone discount. So, thus, I started over with a new agreement. It makes sense.

Message 5 of 9
Contributor

I also signed up to get the U200 channel lineup thinking that you get the same channels as the lower cost U-Family channel lineup while adding more sports and news channels.  Was extremely disappointed when I found out that U-Verse Channel 1366, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries was not included.  The HallMark Channel is but not HMM - why not?  Does not make sense.  HMM should be part of the U-200 lineup.

Message 6 of 9
Mentor

Yes, a few channels are dropped going from U Family to U200. 

Message 7 of 9
Contributor

I need a letter from AT&T that i have paid my will and that i have been a customer of yours for years for credit reason.

Thank You

Kenneth Account # *** please email to *** as soon as possible

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Message 8 of 9
ACE - Expert

@kennethdugan  This is a PUBLIC message board and is not monitored by AT&T.  Please remove all of your personal information immediately. 

Call the CS number 1-800-288-2020 and have them route you to the correct department.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support