Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Free WiFi extenders?

Tutor

Free WiFi extenders?

My internet 1GB service was supposed to come with two free WiFi extenders.  When my service was being installed 6/15/18 the technician informed me I would have to pay him $50 per extender or I could wait for ATT to send me an email to claim my free extenders.  No such email from ATT to date.  Also looked on myATT site and no reference to extenders.  Please provide me some details on how I can claim my extenders.

Message 1 of 19
Employee

Re: Free WiFi extenders?

There are no free Uverse Airties extenders... Cost, I believe is $34.99 each.

Edit..  Per website cost is $49.99 each.

https://m.att.com/shopmobile/accessories/specialty-items/att-smart-wifi-extender/_jcr_content.html?r...

End edit.

If referring to wireless receiver, one time cost is $49 each, with $10 a month per charge same as hardwired receiver.

A Uverse premise / wire tech never takes direct payment, you sign an invoice and added to bill.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 19

You are incorrect sir. I ordered Uverse Internet + TV on 6/10 online with AT&T with a special promotion for 2 free Wi-Fi Extenders (Airties) with the purchase of Internet 1000. Just got it installed yesterday, 6/23. Uverse install tech indicated that I would be receiving an email from AT&T where I would be able to get reimbursed 2 free wi-fi extenders when I filled out info and sent it back. He insisted I don't forget about it because these devices aren't cheap, and even told me the app to download on my smartphone that helps set them up when I receive them. The app is called "Smart Home Manager". 

Message 3 of 19

IMG_0911.PNGScreenshot of online offer for 2 free Wi-Fi extenders

Message 4 of 19
Employee

If part of rewards program....

Must have service for 30 days, past the time can cancel without having ETF of $180 per service.

Must redeem the reward, to be shipped to you. If like the tablet offered two years ago, will receive the Airtie extenders 8-10-12 weeks after installation.

If desire beforehand will need to purchase as instructed by installer.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 19
Tutor

Re: Free WiFi extenders

Looks like the deal is still out there. Adding to the pile of poor service
from att.
Message 6 of 19
ACE - Expert

Details:

AT&T Smart Wi-Fi Extender Offer: Ends 6/28/18. Available to new and existing residential AT&T Internet residential customers who purchase or upgrade to Internet 1000. Residents of select multi-dwelling units are not eligible. Redemption: Customer will be sent an email with Wi-Fi Extender redemption details. Redemption req’d w/in 75 days from notification date. In the event email returns undeliverable, customer will be sent Reward notification via U.S. mail. Wi-Fi Extenders delivered within 2-3 weeks after redemption to customers who maintain qualifying service from installation date and through fulfillment. Wi-Fi Extenders will be mailed to customer’s internet billing address. Wi-Fi Extenders only compatible with AT&T Internet services and AT&T-provided gateway. For more info on Wi-Fi extenders, go to www.att.com/betterwifi.

Call Customer Service and ask to have the email sent.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 19
Contributor

I received the WiFi extenders as a reward as well but on my bill I am still charged 50$ for the WiFi extender? How is it a “free” reward if I am being charged for it? 

Message 8 of 19
Tutor

I have been thrown to every facet of customer service on the phone to get these free wi-fi extenders, and no one can get me the information to claim them. They just keep sending me in circles and the next person has no idea what the prior person routed me to them for. This is a joke.

Message 9 of 19
Tutor

I have been thrown to every facet of customer service on the phone to get these free wi-fi extenders, and no one can get me the information to claim them. They just keep sending me in circles and the next person has no idea what the prior person routed me to them for. This is a joke.

Did you try live chat? I got the answer in 5 minutes.

https://rewardcenter.att.com/moreinfo.aspx

https://rewardcenter.att.com/home.aspx

Message 10 of 19
Tutor

Picture2.jpg

Message 11 of 19
Contributor

it's a bait and switch scam... the email that i got to sign up for the service said the same thing... i have talked to multiple customer service reps and was told they would be mailed out... never received... when i escalated it, i was told that the offer expired and i was eligible even though the email i received said it came with the extenders.

Message 12 of 19
Tutor

Still never received a proper reply on why I couldn't receive the Wi-Fi extenders. Spoke to multiple customer service reps who keep switching me between departments. I shouldn't have to be on the phone for 5+ hours total as of now to get something that was a front page offer on your website.

Message 13 of 19

I placed an upgrade to the 300 internet. It was shown that I would be able to get the free extenders because I upgraded to the two top tiered fiber internet plans. two months have passed with no email on how to redeem that offer. AT&T, do right by your customers and honor what you offer.

Message 14 of 19
Tutor

Did you try live chat? I got the answer in 5 minutes.

https://rewardcenter.att.com/moreinfo.aspx

https://rewardcenter.att.com/home.aspx

Message 15 of 19
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support