Get the myAT&T app
steibc01's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, March 3rd, 2017 9:15 PM

Fraudulent AT&T Sales

Signed up for ATT $100/month for Uverse and Internet because they are the only provider in the area (convenient). I made sure to ask NUMEROUS TIMES if I would only be charged for $100/month plus taxes and thats it --- "YES, YES, YES" was the answer.They told me they would be out to install on Monday - guy never shows up. Call ATT and they say they have no record of the order being placed - even though I have the order number and account number. They tell me they will waive the installation fees and send someone out the following day. They actually install the equipment.

I receive my first bill today and of course ----- $170. So I look at the details and instead of charging me an installation fee, I am charged an "activation fee" of $40. Also am charge $30+ for the broadcast fees, etc. So I call ATT and they say they would waive the activation fee but cannot do anything about the other surcharges. I say fine - I want to cancel my uverse because the sales person lied and I'm not paying $140+/month for this package. Agent then says she can cancel my uverse but the internet will jump to $60/month and my activation fees won't be waived. 

I clearly explained that I signed two promos and I should be entitled to the $40/month for the internet and not $60/month. She states I am no longer a new customer and have to pay $60/month if I want to continue and I am going to have to pay for the first month's charges ($170) and no credits will be added. Thankfully I am within my 30 day - no ETF; but I'm sure I'll be billed for that next month.

Talk about a complete scam. This company makes Comcast/Xfinity look like rockstars - at least they are upfront about costs, fees, etc. instead of fraudulently saying one thing and then hoping you just pay your monthly bill without looking at their hidden fees.

Y'all better adjust my accounts correctly and make this right. I'm already in the process of filing FCC and BBB complaints in addition to contacting my state and national representatives about the fraud and abuse happening.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I don't need you to tell me that -  - -tell your salespeople that. And educate them on the services you provide.

If I asked one more question where I received a "I don't know" or "I don't have the ability to do that"; I was going to lose my mind.

And by the way - I never signed any contracts. They installed it without me being there and I never personally signed for it so y'all just lost your case of "you agreed to it"...blah blah.

And BTW.... your affiliation with direct tv is pathetic. Direct TV Now does not even work with AT&T internet. It's a crying shame y'all hold a monopoly in Dallas, because I would choose absolutly anyone over y'all after the HORRID experience I've had.

Community Support

• 

231.2K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @steibc01,

Sorry to read of your ordering experience. We can look into this. Send us a message by clicking here. Include your full name, address, contact #, and a brief description of the issue. Our teams may email you using the email address associated with your forum ID so keep an eye out. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Be persistent and insist on speaking to supervisor & you will get your bill revised to zoom ero. I just did it!
Same thing happened to me. I had to cancel because the service kept bumping me off and I was not able to upgrade as it was not available in my area. I was told clearly that I would not owe anything if I canceled within the 30 days, which I did. I received a bill for $133 which was ridiculous because I was told I would not owe this. It did take me two hours of being transferred to six different people in customer service and repeating my story to each one and I kept asking for a supervisor. I got lost in the shuffle twice being "transfer to a supervisor". I was very frustrated and persistent about getting to a supervisor. I finally spoke with one and was so frustrated with disbelief that anyone would be able to help me with this. To my surprise finally the sixth person I talked to was able to credit my bill to ZERO. For anyone having this issue I suggest that you be persistent, patient, and not lose your cool with them and perhaps you will be able to get the credit that you deserve, literally. I was respectful, but firm & persistent because they lied/misinformed me from the very beginning; according to 3 different sales people, I would not owe ANYTHING. This was a very slimey thing to do and I was not going to give them my money just because they have poor/misinformed training of sales reps. Shame on them, but at least someone I reached finally had the integrity to resolved this...
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.