FRANCHISE FEES

Contributor

FRANCHISE FEES

[ Edited ]

I too have received this $6 Local Video Franchise Fee.   I chatted with AT&T and they immediately removed it "no questions asked".  The next month the $6 fee was BACK!  I chatted with AT&T again.  Wanted an answer as to "why" it's on my bill in the first place.  Reply "it was a mistake" and they will remove it and they will make sure it won't appear again.  Still no direct "answer" as to why.  I guess as long as people keep paying it, they won't reminding removing it when questioned. 

Message 1 of 4 (4,880 Views)
Contributor

Re: FRANCHISE FEES

ATT will take it off immediately (no questions asked). Then it's back on next month. They promised me it won't show up again....but gave me no answers as to why it's there. We'll see.
Message 2 of 4 (4,875 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

The franchise fee is something your communtity sets and receives.  It will not go away:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_television_franchise_fee

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (4,865 Views)
Former Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by jamileh (Former Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

[ Edited ]

The Local Video Service Franchise Fee is collected by AT&T and passed in its entirety to the local municipality.

The fee is paid to local jurisdictions (e.g., counties, cities, townships) as compensation for the use of public rights-of-way occupied by video transmission facilities. The amount of this fee is determined by applicable laws and municipality agreements.

Here is an article that explains your U-Verse bill in greater detail - http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401260

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (4,844 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support