Get the myAT&T app
jperetz1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, January 20th, 2013 9:13 PM

Email setup in Outlook 2000

My mom just signed on to ATT Uverse. She has Microsoft Outlook 2000. Is there an issue with creating an account with that old of an email program. I can't get it to work

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

Outlook 2000 might not work properly with the SSL that is used with AT&T's e-mail.

You may need a minimum of Outlook 2003.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

Follow the steps in this link to set up your email client.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I followed those steps and Outlook acts as if there is no email account. I've been on the phone with att help and they aren't sure why it isnt working. That's why I'm wondering if it's just too old of an email program for att uverse email

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

okay. Thats what I was worried about. Thanks for your reply.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

You can always use Mozilla Thunderbird.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I want to use Yahoo mail on line as I am having problems with Outlook 2003, which I've been using for a long time.  It seems like Outlook changes the account set-ups occasionally.  The last time it happened, I was able to get it working.  However, that's not the situation now.  Consequently, I want to use Yahoo on line and get away from Outlook.  I've copied all my emails to a folder - all of them have an extension of .pst.  How can I export them into Yahoo?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@peg658 Usually, the e-mail records are kept in Yahoo ( that you direct access via a browser) & outlook is just another window into that data. Outlook lso has the feature of managing/combining multiple accounts & other features.

Are your folders already in Yahoo & accessible via browser? Or did you store them only in your computer & you want to replace them into Yahoo??

I know gmail has a feature to upload e-mails from other providers. You might see if it works with outlook in your computer. Also, look at features in Yahoo.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

My files are stored only on my computer and I want to place them in Yahoo.  I'll see what I can do with gmail.  Thanks for your help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.