For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
skm0102's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, May 14th, 2015 12:35 AM

Discontinuing U-verse TV

Since I cannot get to live chat I would love some help with this service change. I would like to discontinue my U-verse TV service but keep my internet (possibly make sure I have the highest internet). I am unsure how to do this myself and do not want to mess anything up on my account. 

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

Any particular reason as to why you need to discontinue your service? If you're in the middle of a contract, an early termination fee will probably apply. If it's a fee issue, call 800-ATT-2020 and ask for retentions. They'll offer you several promotions, but it is up to you to remember when they end.

If it's a quality of service issue, have you had techs out?

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

We have switched to using Hulu and do not need the U-verse TV anymore. Like I said I still want to keep the internet from this provider just no longer need the TV. I know I will have to return the DVR but first I want to change my plan. I looked at modifying it myself but you can only go as far as switching to basic cable which I do not want.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for your input that was very helpful. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hello, I just called to cancel service. CSR "Curley" took my cancelation request, never showed any interest in keeping my business. Never offered a better rate and made a point to say there were no promotions at this time. Never offered to transfer me to the customer retention department. Service canceled April 3, 2016. So much for being a customer for 8 years. C'est la vie, Jeff

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

8 years ago

You must understand. AT&T is not in the consumer satisfaction business. AT&T only recognizes one thing the all mighty dollar. AT&T's Retention Department is made up of Bully's. They told me to go to Time Warner. 

AT&T has turned into a sweat shop operation. 

No happy employees and no satisfied customers.

Just Bad Business.

Scholar

• 

276 Messages

8 years ago

@gjwolf131 wrote:

You must understand. AT&T is not in the consumer satisfaction business. AT&T only recognizes one thing the all mighty dollar. AT&T's Retention Department is made up of Bully's. They told me to go to Time Warner. 

Just Bad Business.

Not true. U-verse is a excellent service and I am a very happy customer. Good luck with your new service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

you must be an employee of att to say they give "excellent service".....Ive been on the phone with some guy from the phillipines  and after wasting over one hour of my time , he could do nothing more than raise my rate $10.00 for higher speed.   it apprears to be more of a rip off,,,why should I pay $90.40 for tv that I only watch msnbc  and hbo pbs and 52.00 for  internet? omn May 31 it will fo up $45.00 as my special will expire.  great! Now I will be out of country and cannot ask for another deal...so will have to cancel service before I leave. all the apologies I get dont mean anything if he cannot  help reduce my bill.

@hex731 wrote:

@gjwolf131 wrote:

Just Bad Business.

Not true. U-verse is a excellent service and I am a very happy customer. Good luck with your new service.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

5 years ago

When an over-the-air channel gets dropped, it's always because the owner of the channel wants too much money from AT&T for something that can be received for free with an antenna.

Channel owners need to stop being greedy.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.