DVR

Tutor

DVR

When set to record from the 'Guide',  the recording starts a minute or two late, and finishes a minute or to late.  Is there a way to have it more accurately start and stop, or make it start a couple minutes early? 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: DVR

sj98ta - It does start early & end late - aka soft padding - It does not do it if it would create a conflict with another recording.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Expert

Re: DVR

The only other alternative you have if there is no recording conflict is to set up a Manual Recording.  That way you can set the time you want the recording to start and end.

Message 3 of 8
Tutor

Re: DVR record times

There was certaintly no conflict.     It certainly is not starting early, and instead consistently starts a minute of two late, no matter what I'm trying to record. 

Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

sj98ta - How accurate does the tome on the guide look. Mine is just a few seconds behind the caller ID time. Both match the atomic clock within seconds.

Try rebooting the RG & DVR by pulling the plug for 30 seconds. Let the RG stabilize before replugging the DVR.

How does the time look after that?

If problem continues cal for a new DVR.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 8
Tutor

The time is the first thing I checked, and it is right on the money with wwvb (atomic clock).    I will try a couple other shows on a couple other stations, and see what happens.

Message 6 of 8
Scholar

One question.  When you are recording two shows at the same time are you using 1 stream or 2 streams.  The DVR lets you record up to 4 shows at one time.  I just want to know if I am recording the 4 shows on the DVR will that use all my streams so I would not be able to watch TV until one of the shows finish recording.

Thanks for your help

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Expert

db821arc - Yes, recordings use up streams. If recording four, there are none left to watch. You can watch a previously recorded program. You can watch one of the programs being recorded - either live or delayed.
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the U-verse Account Page! Check out some of our helpful articles below!

You can learn about your payment options and even first bill information!

Additional Support