Get the myAT&T app
sj98ta's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, March 19th, 2013 12:22 AM

DVR

When set to record from the 'Guide',  the recording starts a minute or two late, and finishes a minute or to late.  Is there a way to have it more accurately start and stop, or make it start a couple minutes early? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

db821arc - Yes, recordings use up streams. If recording four, there are none left to watch. You can watch a previously recorded program. You can watch one of the programs being recorded - either live or delayed.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

sj98ta - It does start early & end late - aka soft padding - It does not do it if it would create a conflict with another recording.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

The only other alternative you have if there is no recording conflict is to set up a Manual Recording.  That way you can set the time you want the recording to start and end.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

There was certaintly no conflict.     It certainly is not starting early, and instead consistently starts a minute of two late, no matter what I'm trying to record. 

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

sj98ta - How accurate does the tome on the guide look. Mine is just a few seconds behind the caller ID time. Both match the atomic clock within seconds.

Try rebooting the RG & DVR by pulling the plug for 30 seconds. Let the RG stabilize before replugging the DVR.

How does the time look after that?

If problem continues cal for a new DVR.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

The time is the first thing I checked, and it is right on the money with wwvb (atomic clock).    I will try a couple other shows on a couple other stations, and see what happens.

Scholar

• 

86 Messages

11 years ago

One question.  When you are recording two shows at the same time are you using 1 stream or 2 streams.  The DVR lets you record up to 4 shows at one time.  I just want to know if I am recording the 4 shows on the DVR will that use all my streams so I would not be able to watch TV until one of the shows finish recording.

Thanks for your help

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.