Get the myAT&T app
slydog12's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, November 2nd, 2012 6:22 PM

DSL to U-verse internet but no U-verse phone available

I have had AT&T DSL for years without problems.  I received a letter that my DSL service is being moved to U-verse internet.  I wanted to bundle with phone, but U-verse with phone or TV is not available in my area (and doesn't seem to be planned any time soon).  Since it is not available with AT&T, I am considering a service like Ooma if I can't get U-verse phone.  I have read about problems of trying to port my number and moving to DSL/U-verse only (without phone).  There was a suggestion of adding a second line, moving the DSL to the second line, and then porting the number.  Is this correct or is there any easier way?  Thanks, Patrick

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

11 years ago

Wait until after your internet service is switched to Uverse to make the switch. You'll have seperate AT&T accounts at that point, but that will actually make the porting easier, since your phone won't be tied to your internet account anymore.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks.  I appreciate the help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

How does one find a strategic plan from AT&T as to when u-verse will be available if specific areas.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I had the same issue. What it turned out to be is I had U-verse internet (DSL) but it was all over copper from the CO. Since I could only get 1.5 Mbps DSL they could not do telephone or TV over that low of a bandwidth. What I ended up with was U-verse DSL and POTS for telephone and two separate accounts with AT&T..  Once I had DSL for a while then 3 Mbps became available and after a while I could get 6 Mbps. At that point fiber to the home (FTTH) U-verse became available and the whole package was there.  However, as usual with AT&T it was too little too late as I already had DirecTV for TV and Walmart StraightTalk home phone service. So now I have FTTH internet service only through U-verse.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.